Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

Some years ago my parents bought me as birthday present a mini RC helicopter. It has been giving me hours of fun until today, I had a serious accident and the helicopter hit the ground so hard at full power. One blade broke and the tail too. RIP.

So, looking for a replacement, I've seen that nowadays the hobby has evolved so much that you can get really good units (3 channels and with gyroscopes) for around 30$.

After spending several hours looking for the best unit, the s107 is the winner, metal structure and everyone is very satisfied with it plus there are replacement parts for it all over the Internet. And guess what, focalprice sells it for 30$!

Charges from USB or from the remote controller, comes with replacement parts...

I bought it today and I was hoping some of you bough it too so we can share experiences with it :D

link to the product:

http://focalprice.com/search_s107_0_1_20_0.html

link to a thread in which some experts discuss about it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176146

As you can see, these things are now perfectly stable, not like the one I had!

Can't wait to receive it!

Yours,
Albert

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 8382

@niko: not stable at all, don't even compare with the one I posted, just look for videos xD

@drivinfast: well, 120$ is much more than I can afford. I don't need a "pro" thing, just something that works. The unit I bought for 26$ is a steal!

jayrob

RC helicopters are awesome...

I started with a small indoors one too. Then got a Blade CX2 for indoors, and a Trex 450 for out doors...

I still have the CX2 and the Trex 450, but I hardly fly them anymore, because my Trex 600 (which has a 54" blade span), is so much nicer to fly! Still learning, but I have started doing some of the inverted stuff...

Last edited:
Hey Albert...
I'm having a hard time to believe that a $26.00 3 channel
helicopter from DX has a Gyro...
Let us know if I'm wrong when you get it...:yh:
None of my <$30 helis has a Gyro...

Jerry

Reactions: mfo
D

Deleted member 8382

Read the thread on the other forum that I posted on the first thread. There they've been modding it and they even show the gyro on it. There's people there who have lots of helicopters and ara amazed by how this one works for it's price and about it having gyro lol

Well Albert... I just read post 1 to 150 (10 Pages) on that Forum...
I hear them talking about a Gyro in one type of 3Ch Heli... but I didn't
see a pic of the Gyro on a 3Ch heli...:thinking:

I did find a Video of the "Gyro" heli flying outside..
If it can fly outside with a bit if wind... I'm getting one of those..

YouTube - 3 Channel Sub Micro Helicopter with Gyro - Outdoor Flight
(music sucks....)

BTW...You could have given the Post Number of the Gyro on the Helli picture...:whistle:

Jerry

D

Deleted member 8382

Oh sure, here you go hehe

The first pages are about the guys buying the helicopter, the experts start to talk about it somewhere around page 15 or more. I'll directly add quotes and pics here to avoid you the hard work :)

Holy crap this heli is GREAT!!! I own an MCX, CX2 and now mSR and I love them ALL, but this ebay heli really surprised me! (I had a 4#3B as well but sold it to get the mSR and I am so glad I did) I ordered 4 of them so my co-workers would stop crashing my MCX. (...) If you are on the fence thinking about getting this Heli ... Seriously GET OFF THE FENCE AND BUY IT. You will not regret it, plus ebay has TONS of spares for it, so if you break it, you don't have to throw it away.

Originally Posted by Krayzie
If you open up the heli is there a specific component that I can look for to make sure it has the gyro?
If so, what does it look like? Pics?
Thanks

The peizo gyro will look like the picture below, it will be mounted vertically.
Attached Images

a2886714-101-mcx%205n1.jpg

Just discovered these helis and it whas a big suprise that they had a gyro integrated. Never thought that day would come that these types would be sold with a gyro for this price, planned to order one directly.

Circuit board with gyro at the top left corner:

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/6/9/4/8/2/a2925928-215-Front.jpg

Wow who would have thought a simple 3 channel heli with a gyro would have gotten so much intrest. By the way the two that i have purchased both still fly great.

Don't even think about flying a 6020-1 outdoors. Even when our furnace isn't running, there's still enough air movement indoors to be a consideration. Outside, there's always enough wind to carry the bird rapidly and helplessly out of transmitter range. Or into a tree, or onto a neighbor's roof. I used to fly my Palm-Z outdoors at dusk on "windless" evenings, and it was a struggle. It's probably 10X more tolerant of wind than a micro coaxial heli.

You'll have plenty of fun inside. The 6020-1 is a fabulous little toy. It flies better than other micros, has real FF, and is built like a Swiss watch. It's a seriously beautiful piece of work. I bought a 210 mAh battery, but I don't think I'll ever install it. The standard 150 is plenty--I need to take a break halfway through each 7-minute session to cool the motors anyway. I don't need another BladeRunner-style disappointment over burned-out motors. This heli will frustrate modders. It really doesn't need anything but some balance adjustment to suit one's style. I removed the struts and both fins from the tail boom, and stood the battery up on end against the motion sensor board to achieve neutral balance. I only reduced the overall weight about 2.5 grams, or around 6%.

EDIT:Ahem. I have to eat my words about flying a 6020-1 outdoors. Obviously, you have to wait until after sundown with any IR craft, but if the wind is close to zero this bird will work. Dunno what the upper wind limit is (1 kt.?) but it's certainly possible. So please pass the ketchup. Yum.

FWIW, dropping into a snowbank when a slight breeze kicked up didn't seem to do any damage, though the receiver did make a pathetic beeping noise until I retrieved it.

Ash

I don't know if this thread still need input.
But, I thought I would let you know of the 2 micro-choppers that I am using now (because all the other ones broke within a week).
1. Air Hogs Sharpshooter: Amazon.com: Air Hogs Sharp Shooter Blue: Toys & Games
It flies really well indoors, has auto-stability, is extremely easy to control and can survive really bad crashes.
2. Air Hogs Twin Thunder: Amazon.com: Air Hogs R/C Twin Thunder Yellow: Toys & Games
This one is a "military transport-style" dual rotor heli. It is relatively east to maneuver, is virtually indestructable (styrofoam body) and has excellent stability and full 5-way controls.
Have had (and broken), lots of other mini-heli's. These are the only 2 left standing (or flying). :evil:

Oh sure, here you go hehe

The first pages are about the guys buying the helicopter, the experts start to talk about it somewhere around page 15 or more. I'll directly add quotes and pics here to avoid you the hard work :)

Circuit board with gyro at the top left corner:

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/6/9/4/8/2/a2925928-215-Front.jpg

:thanks: for the Gyro Pic Albert...
It has nothing to do with hard work.. it has to do with time..
I did read the first 150 posts...
:yh:

You just cost me $50.00 USD..... :na:
I just bought 2 of the Gyro Hellis from ;)eBay...
(new toys)

Jerry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

2? I also bought 2 but from dealextreme, one for me and another for a friend :D

RC helicopters are awesome...

I started with a small indoors one too. Then got a Blade CX2 for indoors, and a Trex 450 for out doors...

I still have the CX2 and the Trex 450, but I hardly fly them anymore, because my Trex 600 (which has a 54" blade span), is so much nicer to fly! Still learning, but I have started doing some of the inverted stuff...

Awesome man, didn't know.

Used to fly a piccolo in the old days.

ATM have a Rex 450 CF with all parts except batteries and gyro...been gathering dust for the past 8 months...a lot of money for a dust gatherer...:scowl:

I am an idiot with too many hobbies and no enough time.

D

Deleted member 8382

Do noone else a part from me and jerry is gonna try those little treasures?

Do noone else a part from me and jerry is gonna try those little treasures?

Never been to big a fan of co-axials but this one does seem very interesting price wise.

Might throw one of my micro Rx's in there and control it from a decent Tx.

The thing is though that I am saving money to buy bricks and they will probably end up being quite expensive, will see, if I have any $$ left over. If I do, I can imagine spending it on this. :D