Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
Hey Jay....

I'm a little slow on the draw... I just looked at the T-Rex video
and noticed it was YOU flying the Helli...
I'm quite impressed in your flying ability... Well done...:cool:

Damn... now I gotta spend more $$$...:whistle:

Jerry

For the price, I am going to have to buy at least one of these at some point. Geez, all I seem to be doing lately is spending more and more money....guess I'll have to wait until the wallet recharges

D

Deleted member 8382

Exactly my thoughts, I ended up with the easy conclusion "that point can be now" xD

@Jay: wow, I didn't notice it was you neither! How long to learn that? And.. have you destroyed many of these before learning to that point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
haha I just ordered the 6020-1 helicopter from DX. It will be my first r/c heli, can't wait for it to arrive.

jayrob

Hey Jay....

I'm a little slow on the draw... I just looked at the T-Rex video
and noticed it was YOU flying the Helli...
I'm quite impressed in your flying ability... Well done...:cool:

Damn... now I gotta spend more $$$...:whistle:

Jerry

Thanks! :)

Hallucynogenyc, I guess I had been flying about a year before that video was taken. I'm a little better now, but not by much...

Yes, I crashed my 450 a lot. That's why you need a model that has easy access to parts when you get into the outdoor 6 channel heli's that you fly in 'stunt' mode. (inverted ability)

I did have one bad crash with my 600 once. That was a bummer. Because the Trex 600 parts are expensive. But the 450 parts are cheap. Usually only about $30 bucks for a normal crash...

But the key is to learn on a simulator. I use RealFlight G3.5, which is a very popular simulator. You can fly your exact model heli. And if you can fly in the simulator, then you can fly the real thing. It's that realistic. Almost exactly like flying the real thing.

Very important to learn basic hovering. You need to be able to hover, in order to land. My first flight, I just wanted to fly, and I did. I flew it around pretty good. But then I could not land. Because I did not spend enough time to learn to hover well enough.

Anyway, on the simulator, if you spend about 15 minutes a day for about a couple of months, then your brain kind of adapts. It's weird. You can't just rely on reflexes. You have to be 'at one' with it. And there are too many changes in orientation (especially when you are flying 3D), to figure it out as you are flying. It has to be a reflex. That's why you have to have a simulator... (about $200 bucks for the simulator)

P.S. With the Trex 450 and 600, there are some great build videos, and also videos that help you to learn to program your transmitter found at helifreak.com:

Trex 450 build videos:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

Trex 600 build videos:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=13791

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

wow, I hope I one day have enough money to buy one of these and learn :D

@2007revolution: great, 3 buyers already. Let's hope they are really that good :D

jayrob

Awesome man, didn't know.

Used to fly a piccolo in the old days.

ATM have a Rex 450 CF with all parts except batteries and gyro...been gathering dust for the past 8 months...a lot of money for a dust gatherer...:scowl:

I am an idiot with too many hobbies and no enough time.

I know what you mean... I have been letting my heli's sit for about a year now. But my flying buddies have been mentioning it, so we are planning on doing some more flying when it warms up in a month or two...

The nice thing is, that I fly right outside my front door! There is a field across the street that we fly over. That's why we fly electric, they are quieter. Still kind of loud, but not too bad...

D

Deleted member 8382

@jerry: It's the 6020-1, Dealextreme usually don't put the model names on their products. I bought that one from DX too. It's on the reviews that someone said it was the "6020-1", then I googled that and found out that it was a very common model xD

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey Simon...
that number doesn't come up on DX....

I found this one that is reviewed to have the Gyro...

DealExtreme: $26.87 USB Rechargeable 3-CH Palm-Size Mini R/C Helicopter Set (IR Remote)

Jerry

@jerry: It's the 6020-1, Dealextreme usually don't put the model names on their products. I bought that one from DX too. It's on the reviews that someone said it was the "6020-1", then I googled that and found out that it was a very common model xD

Yeah the actual model name for the DX sku.32694 is 6020-1. The one in the link (DealExtreme: $26.87 USB Rechargeable 3-CH Palm-Size Mini R/C Helicopter Set (IR Remote)) is correct. Now if only I could mount a multiple rocket launcher or better yet a burning laser onto it somehow.

D

Deleted member 8382

yeah, ebay and those RC stores are crowded with cheap replacements. I saw a set of the 3 motors for 5$, full blades for 4$...

D

Deleted member 8382

I still can't understand how isn't everyone buying this xD