Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini laser shows

has any one bought any of the mini stage laser shows just to get the modules that are in them... most that i have seen whether it be on ebay, dealextream, Fasttech. or other sites have one thing in common they are mostly 100mw red diodes and 50 mw greens... They sell for cheap on ebay and just wondering if any one has ever bought it and were the diodes close to what the spec sheets say

I have lots of info for you on these- and yes there are a great buy--*(never pay more thaa $20) happy to share IF you will do us and yourself a favor by placing an intro thread about yrself in the 'Welcome' section--if you need help on what to post just read those from others- they often start new friendships- and you will see good links to read in the sigs of those who greet you--and if you are lucky perhaps a rep + bump too--

There are MANY great members in the Wash/Oregon area--

hak

if you are talking about these, then they have your run of the mill 532 12mm module, ordinary 200-300mW 650/660nm diode (the dvd burner type) and a (what im assuming) single mode 450nm diode-if they arent the osram diodes than i dont know what they are. They are each glued like a mofo into small aluminum blocks, so removing them would be a pain.

"bliss light' is what they were called long ago- back when thery were very expensive-I have seen auction wins as low as $14.50- the green is usually around 20-30 mW and 80 or so for the reed... I have a bunch -- I tried to use one for LUMIA as is but that does not work like I want-- the driver keeps turning the lasewr on and off-
so a diffrent way to power is needed IMO--

now these are called 'twinkle' lasers-- you get also a motor and two diff grates inside each one- plus the housing-wallwart, a switch and fan. But the enclosure is small and re-using forn something elas amy not be easy--

A better use might be a RG spiro-either dichro or knife edged (sorta) combined into a RG and a tad of yellow where they overlap..

AixiZ tells me these were made in the millions and thus the price has really dropped-auction and free ship listing is all I 'bid' on and never pay much --\

\most sellers have a bunch BIN and just one in auction with free ship-

paid 16$ TOTAL for the last one.

The sum of the parts is worth more than the entire laser..

if you want my secret to winning these effortlessly & CHEAP PM me anytime

i love to get my hands on just for the competent in them they just seem like a good deal to me

Last edited:
these come apart easy- the two sets of wires that go to the DC motor are barely soldered on- most that fail have a bad wire there- You may not want to run these on the existing board - as you will have only sound response to make it do much= & in the sound off mode the IC randomly turns the two lasers on and off and at least for LUMIA it does not make be happy. might be OK for spiro or liq.sky/tunnel efx tho..

if you re-purpose the lasers and do NOT use the fan (or another fan) you may overheat the green - or maybe even the red- a rest/duty cycle might be a god idea-

but for <$15 these are with every penny-- lol- places like laserlands and techhood get MORE ($32 usd iirc)for just the lasers- with dichro and PS-

would like to hear from an expert on using these lasers with or w/o ttl BUT NOT using the driver these come with--must be cheap!!(its the theme)

want to see pics of whats under the hood??

Okay I will open one of mine up- I already have several taken apart but you need to see the innards complete- not any extra room in there--
BUT I have found good uses for every part of these- i am making a set of four bounce mirrors from the frame and bottom half- the lasers and fans will go into spiro or lumia-
the gratings can be made into a ez on/off addition to any handheld- just keep sniping at Ebay and set your max to 15$ YOU will lose most auctions (I only go for free ship) but with the right snipe service you will win some in time- PM is you want my sniper.

brb-- with some new pics may be faster than looking for the old ones--

Went and had a look at these. They are cheap but there are not many with blue diodes and the ones that have are a lot more expensive!:thinking:

yeah cheap real blues have not made it here= most will have the hard to see 405 inside for the 'B'- but most are just R/G and I would not pay more than $15 w/free ship- there is a glut of these in china- they have LOTS in stock- so selling to just breaking even begins to look not so bad- they also do this in hopes you will become a regular customer- buying other stuff at a better price for them- When dissasembled i value the parts at $30 easy- two mini labbies with wall wart-PS & drivers , a tiny fan- two low rpm motors that turn the gratings- the gratings themselves a mic to make sound response and the housing -
bbl with a link-

this is one example- i have a few of these-+ 2 days 8 ht-=rs left current high bid is less than $6 --free shipping- if i wanted this one I would place a snipe for 16.00$ and keep doing that until I won an auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Green-M...age_Lighting_Single_Units&hash=item2ed2a7a00b

this one ends in 7 hours-free ship bid is now at ~$9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Green-M...ec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item5d4ccfd161
+

busman - to get cheap blue- buy a 700--mW A-130 445 diode- $20- get a good driver- press the diode in a 12x30 blank -slip into a heat sink and you can add 'real' blue real cheap-

Last edited: