Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mid-west blizzard

mfo

If you want to be that technical, what not any object, like a hard book. Because the first thing everyone thinks when they use a Small flashlight looking laser is: "weapon"

"What it is" and "What it appears to be" are two very different things. Maybe "weapon" isn't going to be what everyone thinks when they see it. That's called "concealment", or "deception".

As far as "any object" goes, don't ask me because I don't make the laws. I'm just passing the info on to you to try to help you out. Your situation could have very easily spiraled out of control into a disaster.

CTM

I understand. It going into the wrong hands would have been mis-fortunate.
Luckily, everyone just ignored what appeared to be junk on the snow that morning. Also, most people don't just pick up an object from the ground that they don't know what it is. I guess that's luck too.

Lubbock at sunrise
20scfhu.jpg

Still falling, but mostly melted
33e7byt.jpg

Last edited:
You're lucky somebody that knows what a laser is didn't find it. You could have kissed it G'BYE. rob

CTM

You're lucky somebody that knows what a laser is didn't find it. You could have kissed it G'BYE. rob

i know. First thing that went into my mind was somebody knowing waht it was and keeping it.
Which the second was it going into the wrong hands.
Coming up to it, I saw at least one person look at it, but didn't stop to see what it really was.

Wet and covered with snow. Not the regular person picks up that sort of thing.
1932-a.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny, but it sure seems like Oklahoma and Arkansas get snow when the rest of the country is dry, then the rest of the country gets hammered while we're still cleaning up. Weird, i hate being in the south. -lol :crackup:

Lotsa snow here, didn't have class yesterday and had a 1.5 hour delay today

vlcsnap-2010-02-11-14h24m12s88.png

Local amish keeping busy
vlcsnap-2010-02-10-18h24m47s225.png

Icicles from the melting snow
CIMG0566.JPG