Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Micro stepper motors from bluray sleds

Morgan

The choice of motors for this application are limited to one at the moment! It's the size you see. The ones in the GGW sled are only mm in diameter, (8mm at most, I must get an OD measurement), so they are the smallest I know of that are available.

There may of course be different types in other BR sleds but I have yet to get hold of any.

Nice schematic though. It could give the possibility of trying to run them unipolar. There must be something that says this can't be done but I'm not getting it right now.

M
:)

The choice of motors for this application are limited to one at the moment! It's the size you see. The ones in the GGW sled are only mm in diameter, (8mm at most, I must get an OD measurement), so they are the smallest I know of that are available.

There may of course be different types in other BR sleds but I have yet to get hold of any.

Nice schematic though. It could give the possibility of trying to run them unipolar. There must be something that says this can't be done but I'm not getting it right now.

Bipolar motors can only be run bipolar. Unipolar can be run either way.

To drive a bipolar motor, you need a dual h-bridge.
Here is a nice stepper ic. It's a microstepper, so you get 8 microsteps per full step. Very good since those tiny motors typically have a very low "resolution".

Allegro | Product | A3967 Microstepping Driver with Translator
http://cgi.ebay.com/A3967-A3967SLB-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ead7fcda6

Morgan

That chip is interesting. Still a bit complex for me at the moment I fear. Datasheet has been stored though.

More to do to understand the basics so I think I'll look at the Arduino and the compatible driver you mentioned before.

Many :thanks:, you just keep giving!

M

That chip is interesting. Still a bit complex for me at the moment I fear. Datasheet has been stored though.

More to do to understand the basics so I think I'll look at the Arduino and the compatible driver you mentioned before.

Many :thanks:, you just keep giving!

M

here you go

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.PNG
    New Bitmap Image.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,054

daguin

That made it look like it was MarioMaster that did the SPAMING. It was NOT. I'll see if I can change which post it is merged under.

Sorry MarioMaster :yabbem:

Peace,
dave