Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maybe it's me?...

mfo

Ok LPF. I need all of your opinions. Either I cam losing my marbles, or someone in Arizona already lost them. Please read these series of emails, and tell me who's not wrapped tight. Please be honest.

I was looking online for some pen boxes which I could use to house my laser pointers. I cam across this decent little box.

http://laserpointerforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23889&stc=1&d=1256277171

So I said to myself "Sweet, let me just send the site manager a quick email to make sure the box is wide enough to house a pointer. Here is what transpired.

Me
Hello, I had a quick question in regards to the following product.

Arizona Silhouette Pen Box-Maple-Recessed Lid [AZPB-RLid] - $7.10 : Arizona Silhouette inc. - Suppliers of Eye Candy, Proudly Offering Exceptional Products and Resources for the Wood Turner

I was wondering how wide and thick of a pen this case could house. I have a
pen that is slightly larger than usual. Thank you.

Website
Hello Christopher,

I'm sorry but I cannot help you on this. Too many variables.

Me
Can you at least give me the inside dimensions?

Website
No I can't.

There are custom inserts made for specific pens that we carry and if you have a pen that we don't stock then it would be a guess.

Me
What about the dimensions for the inside of the box?

Website
Chris,

You don't seem to understand the problem.

There are thousands of different sized pens offered for sale. It is like asking that you have a Chevrolet and you want it to fit into a garage. I cannot recommend the size of garage needed without knowing exactly what model of Chevrolet you have.

Me
I understand what you're getting at. However, you're selling garages
on your website. I'm inquiring about the size of this garage so I will
know whether my Chevrolet will fit inside of the garage that you're
selling....

Unless I am not seeing something on the website where I can specify
dimensions at checkout that I'm just not seeing?

End of emails.

If you all visit the website, you'll see there's nothing there that specifies the dimensions of the box that they are selling, nor is there a form there in which you can customize the dimensions. At first I thought he thought that I thought that I was inquiring about the cut out size of the foam, which is why I asked about just the box specifically. So am I missing something here? Or is there something in the water in Arizona?...

Attachments

• MapleBox.jpg
    MapleBox.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 102

Grix

Maybe he's selling custom-made cases and need to know the dimensions of your "pen" before he starts machining them.

mfo

Maybe he's selling custom-made cases and need to know the dimensions of your "pen" before he starts machining them.

That's what I thought after the second e-mail. But if you check out the website, the boxes are already pre-made (It even says like 987 available).

Yeah. Pens have more complex shapes than just a cylinder generally, and it sounds like this guy makes custom shapes to perfectly fit pens of a lot of different shapes. So if he knows the model, he knows exactly which of the boxes he's got will fit it.

mfo

Yeah. Pens have more complex shapes than just a cylinder generally, and it sounds like this guy makes custom shapes to perfectly fit pens of a lot of different shapes. So if he knows the model, he knows exactly which of the boxes he's got will fit it.

Then why wouldn't just say that right off of the bat? I mean I did say my pen was larger in my initial email. Not to mention it does not say anything in regards to custom sizes on the website.

just measure your laser pen and send him the dimensions, then ask what the dimensions of his box is.

seems dumb but you'd be answering his question so maybe he'd answer yours.

and it's probably the water in the desert over there.

-Kendall

If by "maybe" you mean "you
and by "it's" you mean "just"
and by "just" you mean "lost"
and by "me?..." you mean "the game"

I can't seem to get to their page... Their site might be down...
I can't get a connection.. Is it working for you guys...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
If by "maybe" you mean "you
and by "it's" you mean "just"
and by "just" you mean "lost"
and by "me?..." you mean "the game"

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

WHY DID I HAVE TO READ THAT?

I think that guy is just a retard

Agreed. The guy clearly is not in charge of doing anything else but replying to emails. If he wanted to help you he'd have done it already, since there seems to be absolutely no problem in communication.

mfo

Yeah, now he wants me to send him the pen. Like I'm just going to send it out there lol. I've seen some pens sell for thousands of dollars. Yup, definitely something in the water.

Hey mfo...

why can't I connect to the site that you liked to in your 1st post...:thinking:

Jerry

roosl

There really is something in the water here, but we keep it a secret.:shhh:
Otherwise, everybody would want to live here!

:na:​