Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Machinists

I have a small lathe and milling machine I got from Harbor Freight. I also help the local blacksmith in my spare time.
Harbor Freight now has a new mini lathe for about $250 !!

Mike

JECS

i want to get into it. too poor. im already planning on casting my own aluminum to make custom heatsinks for my modules.

I would not be without a lathe and mill in the workshop. There are bargains to be had on Ebay if you are prepared to wait. I managed to get a customer return lathe for less than half price a few months ago, it replaced a 100 year old Drummond that I had used for years. Old lathes can still turn out accurate work as long as the headstock bearings are not too worn, and can be picked up for ten's of $ rather than hundreds.

Regards rog8811

I don't want to get into machining. The reason I asked is I'd like to get some parts machined for my Alpha 105.

Comidt

yeah, we should have a machinists request section of the forum ;D
Ask anyone with a lathe to make things for those without one.
Lowest price wins

Kenom

Ya know there is not doubt taht it would be nice to have access to folks with a lathe. However, turning stuff for folks would end up getting expensive and time consuming. We need to be understanding that some folks may not wanna do custom work for folks and if someone says no or they are not interested to respect that and not bother them. BE COURTEOUS.