Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mac vs PC

Do you like Apple products, or Microsoft products?

• Apple Products

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Microsoft Products

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters

lman

mailgooglecom-1.jpg

MadEye

If I boot up my Mac, I can choose between Mac OS or Windows... What can Windows Users do? I choose Windows for gaming and windows-only software and Mac OS for browsing and working. I really never loved a computer that much in my live... :p

And the fact that Iman doesn't like mac proofs it is good ;) [edit] Now my logic is off :/

Last edited:

lman

If I boot up my Mac, I can choose between Mac OS or Windows... What can Windows Users do? I choose Windows for gaming and windows-only software and Mac OS for browsing and working. I really never loved a computer that much in my live... :p

And the fact that Iman doesn't like mac proofs it is good ;)
i like mac i just wanted to post that.

Last edited:
i used to be a super hardcore pc guy but i bought a 4 year old mac from a relative for shits and giggles for 100$. i use it more than my 2000$ pc. there are certain things i hate about using a mac but my 2000$ lenovo x220 has been sent in for repair twice in six months PITA. the mac has never been taken in ......

im still on the fence but i was suprised by my change of thought as well

Hrm interesting..... I personally think we're all extremely spoiled to live in the time we do where technology is more advanced than it ever has been before and is constantly, rapidly improving regardless of what platform you choose to work with.

I've come to learn that PC people are usually the type that are used to dealing with and solving their own problems because that's generally how PCs are. Mac people tend to lean on others when it comes to problems because macs dont generally have these issues and whenever you might need something - 'there's an app for that' instead of the 'do it/fix it yourself' PC crowd. As well, Mac culture seems to breed, encourage and harbor conceded, narcissistic snobbery with young people and PCs do not. I never understood why anyone in the mac world thinks they were better than everyone else because they paid too much for their technology, it simply makes no sense to me.

Either way it seems to have defined and divided cultures of people in the world of technology simply based off of what kind of machine you use.

I work on both platforms but prefer PC because I customize just about everything I do and the whole Ithing sounds pretty dumb to me. :) I mean no offense to anyone with my opinion here, just felt compelled to share my thoughts. Take it or leave it, but lets not fight about it because we're all very lucky to possess and use what we do today :beer:

my computer errors were not something that you would want to fix yourself i had a bad display and then a bad hard drive i could of replaced it but i wanted them to pay not me :D

^ If you're talking to me Bennett I have no idea nor history on those issues you mentioned so I cannot comment. I can tell you however that I did tech support for 5+ years after graduatiing with my degree in telecommunications and I can honestly say that the learning experience out in the field (not only with fixing machines, but also with fixing peoples' attitudes and moods when they were down) is worth more than a lifetime of what any technical college can teach :beer:

Last edited:
^ If you're talking to me Bennett I have no idea nor history on those issues you mentioned so I cannot comment. I can tell you however that I did tech support for 5+ years after graduatiing with my degree in telecommunications and I can honestly say that the learning experience out in the field (not only with fixing machines, but also with fixing peoples' attitudes and moods when they were down) is worth more than a lifetime of what any technical college can teach :beer:

i was just saying..... btw i dont like apple as a company at all. and i used to be a die hard pc guy but now i am considering a mac quality control wise. i would run boot camp for sure i am not a osx guy yet idk if i ever will be ...

jakeGT

Lol this is glnna be good

Just talkin my experiences- had 5-10 windows systems. Everyone crapped out eventually from spyware viruses etc. And 2 in one direct hit from lightning to my house (not windows fault)

I've had a MacBook pro for 4 years now and it runs 110% as good as the day I bought it.
Hasn't slowed down a bit.

Just my experiences. I'm not gonna get into any discussion over it, just my experiences.