Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lumintop Duke

I got a new flashlight and I couldn't help but think how cool this would be as a laser!
The Lumintop Duke
600 lumens on 14500
XP-L HD and only 40 bucks on fasttech.com
Took almost 3 weeks to get here, but you can't expect anything fast from China :p

Attachments

• IMG_6512.JPG
    IMG_6512.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6513.JPG
    IMG_6513.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6514.JPG
    IMG_6514.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 56

BobMc

That is a good looking host Richie. Think it would make a fine build. See the side button is it momentary or on/off?

One 14500 can power some mid power diodes. Would make a nice EDC.

Last edited:
That is a good looking host Richie. Think it would make a fine build. See the side button is it momentary or on/off?

One 14500 can power some mid power diodes. Would make a nice EDC.

That's the bad thing about it, it's an electronic switch that is just On/off no momentary, and it's connected to the head so I'm actually not sure how to wire it up to a Laser module :( but I'll bet some of y'all know how :)

Well it's not doing you any good as a flashlight, take that thing apart. Pics plz. :beer:

Depends on what the LED driver supplies to the "head". If it is enough voltage and current you could just wire it to the driver and use it as a switch. You'll probably have to take some measurements to know.

Well it's not doing you any good as a flashlight, take that thing apart. Pics plz. :beer:
Haha! Yeah I know, I'm debating on if I wanna take it apart to see how easily I could do it.

Depends on what the LED driver supplies to the "head". If it is enough voltage and current you could just wire it to the driver and use it as a switch. You'll probably have to take some measurements to know.
Unfortunately I'm not that good at that kind of stuff, well at least not yet, I may eventually have someone on here do it for me :D

Meh, there are a lot of qualified builders here. You should have no problem finding one to do it for you. :)