Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lumia Wheel

HIMNL9

^ For the other side, that means also that you have a lot of extra space for add more than one module, around it ..... :eg:

Hey I have a place I can get many varieties of lumia glass for $5-7 for a 12'X12'" piece. We should be able to cut 4 6"X6" pieces. If you, or anyone else want in let me know. Its like $1.25 (which is very cheap) a piece if we all chip in. I was thinking of doing a mini GB, but I dont know how many people would jump in. If we can get 2 more people who want glass, we could all get a nice collection for under $10. Something to think about too. Also no drilling needed. You can use magnets to mout the wheels, or squares in our case.

If you do some research plastic light diffusers are the worst thing for the lumia effect. Plus you can buy 2 inch wave type glass pieces for under $2. Or go down to your local hardware store and buy a pane cut from shower door glass for $3. I've been researching this a while. Hell I can get 12"X12" panes for $5-7.

Last edited:
Cant beat $6:beer:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME $6.00...THATS INSANE AND HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!!! AND $35.00 FOR A LUMIA EFFECT KIT ARE YOU CRAPPING ME??? HERE IS A FREE SYSTEM!

Hey KGB, if you were smart you would NOT buy one of those geared motors that use electricity. It is much easier than that. You go down to your local pet shop purchase a hamster (free hamster procedure mentioned later), get the male ones because they tend to piss in the same spot every time and are much easier to clean up after. Then you put him in one of those wheel things (found at garage sales, offer them .50) that he can run in and that turns the shaft that rotates the lumia wheel you cut out of the center of your wifes shower. Anyway, at your new apartment get your hamster wheel lumia wife's shower door show effect chunk of glass ductaped to the shaft. Get you some dental floss, do not purchase the dental floss it is way too expensive!!! If you know some big a$$ mauther faulker with a bunch of tattoos who's wife has to get her teeth pulled due to massive meth addiction, go to her dentist that pulls her rotted teeth out, BEG him for some dental floss. Take the dental floss back to your hamster wheel lumia wife's shower door show effect chunk of glass ductaped to the shaft machine. Get a sunflower seed, now dont purchase the sunflower seeds you should be able to get those for free, you just go into the store open the bag dump a few seeds in your pocket walk out of the store go back to your hamster wheel lumia wife's shower door show effect chunk of glass ductaped to the shaft attach the sunflower seed in front of the wheel where the hamster is and when you want the motor to turn on, gently tug on the dental floss, lowering the sunflower seed in the view of the hamster, he will try to walk to it (because that is what hamsters do) any way, when he walks towards it will spin the shaft rotating the hamster wheel lumia wife's shower door show effect chunk of glass duck taped to the shaft. I mean hell, i have been researching this my entire career, I know what I am talking about, I am a professional, I give all the advice in the world but NEVER really ever produce anything except good information. Anyway...technically you should be able to get the hamster for free, if you just have your wife (well now ex wife because you cut a big square out of her shower door) Any way, have your new girlfriend start cleaning houses for a living, have her find a client with small children who love hamsters, now I am not suggesting you actually steal the hamster, but I have been researching this for a long time so I know what I am talking about, you go to the pet store, extract some semen from a male hamster, go back to the house where you found the children who like hamsters...anyway, artificially inseminate the hamster, wait the appropriate gestation period, (you can look that up on the internet) when the new baby hamster is born bring it back to your hamster wheel lumia wife's shower door show effect chunk of glass ductaped to the shaft. I went in to way too much detail, but Im sure you see that this is not a difficult thing to do, I have been researching this for a long time so I know what I am talking about. I would NEVER pay 35.00 for a rig like he is selling, do you realize the MARKUP that guy is making. OMFG people who take advantage of others is my biggest pet peeve.

Follow my directions precisely (because I have been researching this for a long time, and I know what I am talking about) and you should be able to make your own lumia effect...FOR FREE, NOTHING, ZERO, ZIP, NADA!

Good luck!

If you do some research plastic light diffusers are the worst thing for the lumia effect. Plus you can buy 2 inch wave type glass pieces for under $2. Or go down to your local hardware store and buy a pane cut from shower door glass for $3. I've been researching this a while. Hell I can get 12"X12" panes for $5-7.

What do you mean by this? i know they sell them as huge sheets for showers but they can sell a small cut piece without buying the whole darn thing?
If so what do you ask for? There left over scrap?

Yes. Call around places like Ace hardware or other hardware stores and see if they sell shower door glass. Then go down and tell them to cut you a piece. I'd do it but I want a bunch of different styles. You can find them online too.

Kitchen cabinet glass door inserts

do you think it would be a better deal to order the glass from that link i posted? then to go to the store and pick them up.

If you can pick it up its sounds like a good deal. Its roughly $1 a piece. Its twice that if they ship it though. If you get it let us know how they work out.