Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lucid Dreaming

Grix

Lucid Dreaming is when you are aware that you are dreaming. When you lucid dream, you can manipulate the dream and do whatever you want, not limited by physics or logic. Proper lucid dreams can be as vivid as real life, and many people say that their first lucid dream was the most fantastic thing ever!
This is not New-Age mumbo-jumbo, it is real science, and it is pretty easy to achieve, with a little motivation of course.

Wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Great tutorial:
http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=55740

I dreamed lucid once, but it was a long time ago and do not remember the specifics. It was quite a feeling to have total control in the dreaming state.

diachi

I dream lucid all the time .

I either wake up confused , or wake up annoyed. The confusion is because I don't know how the hell I ended up here, and the annoyance is because I had to come back to reality where things aren't as good !.

Jaseth

I have tried this, not on purpose though.. I had a weird weird dream about some numbers which moved almost like the ones in The Matrix in front of my eyes.. they moved faster and faster and for some reason it was incredibly scary. I woke up sweating and scared but while I was awake, and actually looking around in my room, seeing what time it was, the numbers were still moving in front of me and it was still scary. Then, while I was awake my dream suddenly burst into flames and in the middle was my girlfriend at the time who I missed cause I was on holiday. I thought about wanting to dream about her, and then I was suddenly dreaming about her.. while being awake.
About 2 minutes later it suddenly went away and I was just normal awake. Definately the most drug-like thing I have ever experienced while being 100% sober. Even before I woke up the numbers were creepy as hell and I don't know why.

diachi

If I drink too much of a certain energy drink I get really strange dreams, some are good and some are bad. In one day I had like 5 dreams, one where a 747, an F22 raptor and an airbus nearly crashed into my house, the others I can't remember anymore.

Wow, I thought everyone did it. I control and manipulate my dreams all the time. The course of events are usually random and i just ride with it without any regards to consequence's. I know if a situation is not going the way I want it to I change it. I can bring people into my dreams and make them go away at will.
The good looking babe that works in accounting and my wife are VEERRY good friends although in real life they never met each other.;)

I am also a incurable insomniac, I go to bed around 10:30 or 11 and get up at 3 without a alarm clock. I have been this way for longer then I can remember.

Grix

Wow, I thought everyone did it. I control and manipulate my dreams all the time. The course of events are usually random and i just ride with it without any regards to consequence's. I know if a situation is not going the way I want it to I change it. I can bring people into my dreams and make them go away at will.
The good looking babe that works in accounting and my wife are VEERRY good friends although in real life they never met each other.;)

I am also a incurable insomniac, I go to bed around 10:30 or 11 and get up at 3 without a alarm clock. I have been this way for longer then I can remember.

You lucky bastard :p

all the dreams that i remember are lucid. I feel them in my sleep and sometimes carry the dream over to the day time. a few times i have talked to people in my real life about things i spoke to them about in my dreams. its can get frustrating sometimes.

D

Deleted member 8382

I know I dream aeveryday but I can barely remember the dreams excpet when they are lucid, wich doesn't usually happen.

I have never had a lucid dream. I would quite like one, though. I used to keep a dream journal, which made my dreams better, but then they got boring and I stopped.

-Mark

I've only had one lucid dream from what i can recall. That was the best dream ever! Complete disregard for the laws of physics and social standards :evil: It was amazing how much more real and tangible my surroundings were than a normal dream and yet i could manipulate it at will, can't wait for the next one :D

I have dreams where I know it's a dream but I can't do anything most of the time. I feel like gravity is screwed up and I cannot move fast at all. I seem to only be able to move at a crawling speed. Sometimes I have dreams where I can control certain things but they change rapidly into nightmares. I have had several where I can control everything but I usually end up destroying my dream and I end up floating in a sea of white...I hate sleep :undecided:

I had a f***ed up dream today, of course not a lucid one...
But it kinds of happen often to me, and it's never all the dream that is lucid, only the end, sometimes, it's all the dream.

It's very cool, but I rarely remember my dream for long, only when they are f***ed up :D.

diachi

I can still remember the $%!&ed up dream I had a week ago, which is pretty good for me ! I normally forget dreams within hours.