Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF mobile?

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I'd like just pop up lpf on my ipod or cell phone sometimes just for a quick reference. What would it take to get a mobile version of this site going? If not, an ipod touch app would be pretty slick too.... :D How can we make this happen? Wouldn't that be handy though?

I think that would be a great idea. I like to browse lpf during class and have to do alot of horizontle scrolling on my phone. The adds also take forever to load.

LPF as-is works great on my mobile, and I would've thought it would work well on the iPhone/iTouch as well.

If your phone supports it, I HIGHLY recommend getting Opera Mini. My phone (Samsung Instinct, Sprint service) had a browser built in that was OK, landscape mode only, kinda slow, lots of "side-to-side" scrolling to be able to read anything. But I installed Opera Mini (4.2 is the version, I think), and it works GREAT. Opera handles the text so that there is no/very minimal side-to-side scrolling for reading text, portrait and landscape modes, it's great.

I swear, sometimes my phone on Opera with Sprint 3G network loads websites faster than my laptop using Firefox and 802.11b/g/a. Try out Opera, it's worth it.

rkcstr

iPod Touch app? I think Safari is the app you're looking for ;)

naw i mean like an Iphone-ipod touch app. Just like I can download movie info on mine to get movie updates with my flixter app. Kinda like i can check facebook with a facebook app instead of loading the browser and webpage.... A mobile LPF site would be handy too since i could save a link to the ipods home page, but an LPF dedicated app would pbly still run faster and be easier to read. Anyone here know coding for these kind of software needs? Anyone know of anyone with these skills on the forum? PM them and get them here! Lets get them talking here! ;D

Asherz

I can develop iPhone apps, I also develop websites to XHTML and CSS standards, along with extensive graphic knowledge in photoshop... But that said creating an entire LPF interface for the ipod would be alot of work, I guess the kind of thing you have in mind is something similar to the facebook app? Where the website is suited to the phone.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
having a more mobile LPF is a good idea, i am going to contact the yabb developers about the possibility of adding this in future versions of yabb. it could work by users selecting mobile layout in profile section

Navigation on the Iphone 3g works very well on this site. I will have to agree that an aplication would be sweet though. :)

I dont know what a mobile version would look like but I spend most of my time on LPF with my HTC Touch upgraded to Win Mobile 6.1 using Opera Mobile 9. It is very fast and extremely easy to use. It was better with the Ice Realms theme though. Even the adds were unobtrusive with that theme. I only have trouble making payments with Paypal sometimes.

Later
Clayton

ya kinda like the facebook app. Where you can PM other members with the push of a button, where you can flick your finger up the screen to scroll through the topics, (General, Red, Green, Blu Ray and Violet, etc.) Where you can view say, the last ten posts on that particular thread in a nice and large font, fitted pictures would be nice too. Asherz, how long are you talking? 1 month? 6 months? A year?