Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to buy a Dragon Lasers 50mw 589nm Spartan

rvrh3

Holy crapanoli, I'm so sorry XM. My week got completely ahead of me. I meant to reply sooner.

What I was talking about is you actually just missed rvrh3 sell his 589 Spartan the other month here. But in the of the thread another member trenchee was talking about selling his.

I was a bit strapped for cash at the time, and now that I'm back to full force It was disappointing to see that DL no longer sells the 50mW Spartan, or any hand held laser for that matter. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone in the future parts with theirs (of course, after XM gets his ;) )
At least I still have the 5mW 589nm "pen" style pointer, so I have that going for me....which is nice.

XM360

I was a bit strapped for cash at the time, and now that I'm back to full force It was disappointing to see that DL no longer sells the 50mW Spartan, or any hand held laser for that matter. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone in the future parts with theirs (of course, after XM gets his ;) )
At least I still have the 5mW 589nm "pen" style pointer, so I have that going for me....which is nice.

I already got mine so I’d say you are ahead in the line to buy if someone wants to sell! I just figured I’d keep this thread up in case somebody wanted to sell one and couldn’t find a buyer. This is the one laser I would hoard multiple of lol

Giannis_TDM

I already got mine so I’d say you are ahead in the line to buy if someone wants to sell! I just figured I’d keep this thread up in case somebody wanted to sell one and couldn’t find a buyer. This is the one laser I would hoard multiple of lol
I've already posted a thread but it got kinda buried anyways I am too looking for a yellow laser but I don't really mind the specs or cosmetical condition I just want a cheapish (preferably under 250$) 589 or 593.5nm 2mw and up brand new or used laser

rvrh3

I've already posted a thread but it got kinda buried anyways I am too looking for a yellow laser but I don't really mind the specs or cosmetical condition I just want a cheapish (preferably under 250$) 589 or 593.5nm 2mw and up brand new or used laser

to be honest it might be rough to find any yellow laser at $250 unless someone really needs the money, now that seemingly nobody except Laserglow sell them, and for like $600bucks :(
But you never know! One could pop up tomorrow

Giannis_TDM

to be honest it might be rough to find any yellow laser at $250 unless someone really needs the money, now that seemingly nobody except Laserglow sell them, and for like $600bucks :(
But you never know! One could pop up tomorrow
Actually the 593.5 rigel is 400$ brand new and I think that at that price (250$) I could get a used underspec Spartan or a used pen style one. Don't really need much more just some beautiful low power yellow-gold photons

Giannis_TDM

I believe Laserglow is really the only place that sells quality pointer yellows and as such you’re kind of stuck with what they’re charging.

-Alex
Yep that's what I didn't want to hear.. ok do you happen to know how much CNI will sell me a yellow module for? I can also do my own build.

Yep that's what I didn't want to hear.. ok do you happen to know how much CNI will sell me a yellow module for? I can also do my own build.

I don’t believe they’ll even sell a module to customers in the US, although you can always send them an eMail. I’m sure it would be above your price point even for simply a low powered module.

-Alex

Giannis_TDM

I am not in the US I am in Greece and I already sent them an email and currently I'm waiting for their response. I asked the price for the small 589nm 15mm 30mw yellow Well right now its only a waiting game I just hope it's gonna be under 250$.

You might also try searching eBay for any 589nm laser. You can have new ones sent to your email daily. It may take some time, but you never know......

Giannis_TDM

You might also try searching eBay for any 589nm laser. You can have new ones sent to your email daily. It may take some time, but you never know......
Yea I don't think eBay is going to get me anywhere sadly, Yellow lasers seem to be just way overpriced on eBay looking at the BST section on lpf daily would be a much better bet.

You might be surprised by what turns up on eBay over time. I still get updates daily from back when I was searching for my first spectrometer. That was over 3 years ago.

I contacted cni a few months ago. 30mW 589nm module $540 80mW 589nm module $910

You can get a 10mW 589nm CNI module from dragon Lasers for $370.

rvrh3

Actually the 593.5 rigel is 400$ brand new and I think that at that price (250$) I could get a used underspec Spartan or a used pen style one. Don't really need much more just some beautiful low power yellow-gold photons

yeah well good luck with that. It’s a matter of supply and demand. supply is extremely limited and most owners—unless they need the money — will not want to sell, especially not for cheap. I know I wouldn’t sell my 589mW pointer for anywhere near $250. But like I said, it’s possible and it could happen anytime I guess :) 🍺

Yea I don't think eBay is going to get me anywhere sadly, Yellow lasers seem to be just way overpriced on eBay looking at the BST section on lpf daily would be a much better bet.

I have a Spartan 589 I'm considering selling and I am in the UK. Those of you who are regulars here may roll your eyes given I was looking to sell previously and then chickened out on account of emotional attachment, but the thing is it hasn't come out of its box in all those months since and I have a photography hobby that is threatening now to turn into a career, so I am finally ready to let go of my yellow - for real this time.

I bought it from a trusted member here, gismo, several years back. He metered it for me and I can't remember whether it was overspec at either 60 or 80mW but it was definitely over the advertised 50. He has now since gone AWOL and the pictures of the LPM graph he posted went down the photo bucket hole I think, so you'll have to trust me on this. The laser has seen virtually no use if I'm honest and is still on its original red AW battery which holds a charge well. I think posting a battery within the EU (UK hasn't left just yet...) might be OK but I'm honestly not sure I'd risk it.

The kicker is I'm not willing to let it go for a song, these are as far as I know now impossible to buy new and while I never use it I am still rather attached to it and will not see it go for less than what I think it's worth, so we'd be looking at around £400 if I was to sell it. That's the price I name and I'd be happy to discuss but it won't be moving downward by much I'll say that.

I'll repost a thread eventually but thought I'd offer it to you first especially as you're not US based which is a big plus getting this precious item through customs without it being destroyed.

Editing to add link to my original chickened out sale thread with photos https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/no-longer-for-sale.106050/#post-1579354

And yes, I was asking for less then, but that is then and this is now...

Giannis_TDM

I have a Spartan 589 I'm considering selling and I am in the UK. Those of you who are regulars here may roll your eyes given I was looking to sell previously and then chickened out on account of emotional attachment, but the thing is it hasn't come out of its box in all those months since and I have a photography hobby that is threatening now to turn into a career, so I am finally ready to let go of my yellow - for real this time.

I bought it from a trusted member here, gismo, several years back. He metered it for me and I can't remember whether it was overspec at either 60 or 80mW but it was definitely over the advertised 50. He has now since gone AWOL and the pictures of the LPM graph he posted went down the photo bucket hole I think, so you'll have to trust me on this. The laser has seen virtually no use if I'm honest and is still on its original red AW battery which holds a charge well. I think posting a battery within the EU (UK hasn't left just yet...) might be OK but I'm honestly not sure I'd risk it.

The kicker is I'm not willing to let it go for a song, these are as far as I know now impossible to buy new and while I never use it I am still rather attached to it and will not see it go for less than what I think it's worth, so we'd be looking at around £400 if I was to sell it. That's the price I name and I'd be happy to discuss but it won't be moving downward by much I'll say that.

I'll repost a thread eventually but thought I'd offer it to you first especially as you're not US based which is a big plus getting this precious item through customs without it being destroyed.

Editing to add link to my original chickened out sale thread with photos https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/no-longer-for-sale.106050/#post-1579354

And yes, I was asking for less then, but that is then and this is now...
Sorry to tell you so but that laser is old and used, Also being in the UK doesn't mean much since the UK left the EU in jan this year so it will still pass through customs as a package from the US would. Also, That price is too steep since I can get a Brand new 80mw yellow module from dragon lasers for 300GPB and the overall build cost would be way lower than the 400 you want for it and I would be getting a brand new laser in a custom metal host of my own design. Edit: You also mention in that thread that the laser also has an issue with mode hopping on start-up sorry but that further makes me believe it doesn't worth the price listed, I wish you the best of luck in the sale but I am not interested. Clarification: Even if the laser has low hours and is in a barely used condition I cannot be sure about the condition of its internal components and crystals due to age. Further clarification: I know that the UK has left but the trading relationship within the EU will stay the same for a period but I have found out that Greek custom can be quite... Picky. Also, I'd bet that if you where to contact dragon lasers they could sell you a spartan using the module they offer for cheaper since 400GPB equals about 500$ which is 100$ more than the original spartan in the original packaging brand new. Clarification: the module they currently sell (PH series) Is the exact same one used on the spartan.

Last edited: