Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for reasonable priced 1/2 wave plate for dual diode build

Hello,
I am looking to source a small 1/2 wave plate for a dual diode build I am going to attempt. Planning on mounting it directly to the lens holder like I have seen done elsewhere so it doesn't need to be large in diameter, maybe 10mm max. If anyone knows of a decently priced source for these I would appreciate the tip.
Thanks,
JM

Thanks! Man, this stuff is ridiculously expensive! Seems like we should be able to find some sort of BB surplus source for these. One thing I have learned in this laser hobby, get ready to open your wallet wide if you really want to do something right.

Cheer!

huh, cheapest anamorphic prism set i have ever seen. I may have to get me some...thanks for the link.

Can't you just rotate the laser diode itself if you need to change its polarity?

Actually, scratch that, it may not have the same shape for those weirdly shaped beams.

Last edited:

ARG

Here you go:Waveplates and anamorphic prisms
:beer:

You can cut it in half to make two builds or save it:)

Highly recommend stanwax laser. Stellar customer service. It's run by a member over at PL, so it's supporting a fellow laserist :)

Just so you guys know the prices on the site are with VAT, so it comes out to be quite a bit cheaper when you buy from outside of the UK :D

huh, cheapest anamorphic prism set i have ever seen. I may have to get me some...thanks for the link.

If you're just looking to mess around you can get some IR coated anamorphic prisms on ebay pretty cheap, but they will suffer a 40% loss at the blue WL's. Grab the stanwax ones if you're looking to put it into a build :p

Highly recommend stanwax laser. Stellar customer service. It's run by a member over at PL, so it's supporting a fellow laserist :)

Just so you guys know the prices on the site are with VAT, so it comes out to be quite a bit cheaper when you buy from outside of the UK :D

If you're just looking to mess around you can get some IR coated anamorphic prisms on ebay pretty cheap, but they will suffer a 40% loss at the blue WL's. Grab the stanwax ones if you're looking to put it into a build :p

Lowest price on ebay is same as stanwax :/

ARG

Huh, just checked as well. I guess those surplus sellers ran out of the B&W prisms. If you wait a set should pop up sometime.