Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for most light color(white would be great) laser pointer.

roserain

Hello everyone. To be honest, I have no idea about lasers but i need it for better fishing. I need white light for summon fishes at the bottom of the sea. I am gonna buy one for try. Then i am gonna buy more if it works. Thanks.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
First, try using the search function. There's a lot of good information here if you're willing to look around for it.

Second, there is no such thing as a 'white' laser. There are white laser modules that combine red, green, and blue beams to give an output beam that looks white to our eyes but it's not what we would think of as white light. Even if you used one of these modules the only color that would penetrate the water to any significant depth is blue. The water would filter out the red very quickly. The green would make it quite a bit farther, and the blue farthest.

And third, you ought to introduce yourself in the Welcome section and give us an idea of where on the planet you are. Using a laser as a fishing lure might not even be legal where you are.

Anthony P

The fish in my aquarium are frightened by a laser beam.

Roserain, "white" lasers might not be the best solution to your problem. They are expensive and don't like water very much.

There are easier and much less expensive ways to get light to the bottom of the sea. Chemical light sticks are available in many sizes and colors. They are water and pressure resistant, and require no batteries. If you are determined to put battery powered white light deep under water, a waterproof LED flashlight is relatively inexpensive and easy to find on line.

Hello everyone. To be honest, I have no idea about lasers but i need it for better fishing.

Ex1FthN.gif

I... can't reconcile your two statements here. How can you possibly have "no idea about lasers", and yet have become convinced that you "need it for better fishing"?

Also, what makes you think lasers are a cheaper, safer, or more effective light source than other options like LED?

Reactions: GSS

roserain

Hello. Thanks for answers. In my country(Turkey) fishermen use the laser light to fishing. This is totally legal. These fishermen say they would have a better result with lighter colours of light. I did not know that white laser was not available. So what do you offer? I just want to go to fishing with my boat at nights and get enough fish for my family.

A far simpler way to make a waterproof white beam-thrower would be to find an LED flashlight with a tight collimating lens. Not a laser - but as white LEDs are significantly more powerful, cheaper and much smaller than an RGB laser capable of producing a "white" beam.

Lightness of colour is not really a thing with respect to lasers - Human eye perception of brightness varies based on the colour - Between blue, red and green beams of the same power - the green will appear much brighter - but this is not the same underwater. Water will very quickly filter out red light, quite quickly filter green but will pass blue light the most. There are a whole

Maybe ask some of the other fishermen what they've used?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, this ^^. RGB's are crude white lasers. Then you have what Diachi has posted. A supercontinuum and a Ar/Kr gas laser unit.

Well, a boat-load of gas lasers and a giant pile of batteries or appropriately sized generator for them all...

Encap

Hello. Thanks for answers. In my country(Turkey) fishermen use the laser light to fishing. This is totally legal. These fishermen say they would have a better result with lighter colours of light. I did not know that white laser was not available. So what do you offer? I just want to go to fishing with my boat at nights and get enough fish for my family.

There is nothing to offer you. As has been mentioned there are no "lighter colors of laser light"
Google lasers for night fishing . Use what other fishermen use that exists in the real world for a start.

Last edited: