Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for LPM services! (7w+)

I've noticed there seems to be quite a few active members in California. I have been keeping my eyes open for a LPM to purchase but in the meantime I was wondering if we have anyone fairly close who would let me meter some lasers?

Last edited:

Re: LPM availability in SoCal?

What kind of money are you willing to spend? Sorry, I can't help with the SoCal members.

I'll probably end up with a Hyperion first but if you have something else in mind i'm all ears. I would like something that goes above 2w though.

The problem with that LPM is the resolution. It's only .1 W. I asked the seller a while back if he sold an LPM with resolution of 1mw and he said the components would be too expensive for him to do it.

Idk where at in SoCal that your located but there looks to be one member that's listed.
Map of members with LPMs

I would keep an eye out for an Ophir 20c on auction sites as they can be had for ~$200 at times. Otherwise the Hyperion is a great LPM and you really cannot beat that price.

Here's an Ophir 20c, I purchased one from this seller, from the exact same listing and offered him $175 and he took it even though he's asking close to $800. There were a couple burn marks on the sensor itself, but comparing with my other LPMs it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference, if any at all.

Ophir 20C

Yea, that .1 watt resolution isn't so great when using low power pointers where you want a more accurate reading. In time something will show up on ebay if you can wait, or just buy that Hyperion, that seems to be the very best deal going.

Hate to bring this back up but haven't gotten a reply from any of the folks I pmed. Anyone willing to LPM a laser (Expecting around 7w) if I pay shipping?

I'm sure you'll find someone, but if not I'd be happy to help.:beer:

Edit: FYI have a 10 W Rubicon with Ophir head.

Last edited:

Hi,
Try tom Nospin he might still have a few 5W LMP's with ophir's left . i bought one from him and they are awesome .. And at a great price

Rich:)

Last edited:

Still looking and willing to pay shipping to anywhere in CONUS for LPM services! I'll even send a couple A140 diodes for your time. =]