Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LM3410X based boost converter, SPARK driver! PART 2

TTerbo, your design is hardly anything special, I doubt it's worth time or effort to convert it into SMT. You'd be much better off buying a Rkcstr driver, since your designs are essentially the same thing.
What is his design at all?

Some new driver?

TTerbo

yeah in that post the driver had to be modified because i couldnt get parts like 4 ohm res and 100ohm pot. anyways my design that isnt very good atm is on a bit of paper somewhere.
cheers

yeah in that post the driver had to be modified because i couldnt get parts like 4 ohm res and 100ohm pot. anyways my design that isnt very good atm is on a bit of paper somewhere.
cheers
First thing you are going to realise is that stuff like 2x parralel resistors and a potenciometer are to be completely throw out. Why complicate?

If adding one input capacitor makes it "his" design, then adding one output capacitor makes the LM3410X driver... my design :D

TTerbo, that's basic LM317 voltage regulation scheme. It ain't "your" design.

For SMD variant of that type of driver - LM1117 find a much better use.

Just a small correction...:D

That's the basic LM317 Current regulation schematic...:wave::na:

Jerry

Just a small correction...:D

That's the basic LM317 Current regulation schematic...:wave::na:

Jerry
Ah damn it. I think I was writing that very late in the night or something :crackup:

Thanks for noticing Jerry, good to let people know - there is a difference between voltage and current regulation.

Anyhow, let the thread die already. :na:

TTerbo

Eudaimonium.
thank you very much for the help you gave me last nigh in how i was to construct the blu ray driver,:)

Eudaimonium.
thank you very much for the help you gave me last nigh in how i was to construct the blu ray driver,:)
Yup, no problem, thanks for posting !

Well since the thread just refuses to die, might as well link some other threads in the OP.

rkcstr

That's basically how mine started as well. I just made tweaks and modifications to the basic design to improve stability using the 1117 IC and make it more fool-proof. My primary goal was just to make it small enough to fit the Aixiz module, or basically as small as possible.

TTerbo

HEY rkctr. my driver is up and working again but with the pot on full it puts out 9ma.lol
cheers

drlava

I'd like to see something like the Groove driver, with a 1V dropout, the size of a rckstr driver.
Hi, just saw this, and thought you might like to know that this IS now available and in fact was being made when you posted that :) It's called the Groove2.

Hand making boards and hand soldering components is a part of the prototyping process I'm always glad to have over with.. It's only fun for a few days at a time. Kudos to those to take part in it on a consistent basis.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/i...s-portable-lasers-kenom-fundraiser-49907.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi, just saw this, and thought you might like to know that this IS now available and in fact was being made when you posted that :) It's called the Groove2.

Hand making boards and hand soldering components is a part of the prototyping process I'm always glad to have over with.. It's only fun for a few days at a time. Kudos to those to take part in it on a consistent basis.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/i...s-portable-lasers-kenom-fundraiser-49907.html

Enjoy!
I find this a hobby, not business, so hand soldering is the only option here.

I know it's different situation over there on your side, but to me - hand soldering stuff is fun. Like, making the driver is the best thing in making a lase build. Right next to first click of the switch after it's complete :D

drlava

It's still a hobby for me too, I enjoy designing and making these performance drivers so that all kinds of tiny builds are possible for all forum members. Every time it's like a new puzzle that needs to be solved as to how much can be crammed into such a small space, and maintain as much flexibility as possible. In the past I've gone the route of hand assembling drivers whenever someone needed one, and after a few months it's just not maintainable. But when you have the ability as you do, making them for yourself and a couple (not wearing yourself out) for others is great.

TTerbo

hey Happy man (heheheh) remember how you helped me with that blu ray driver???
i salvages through probably 11 old things and got the parts for yourdriver!!!!! i made one (geez there hard to solder SMD. lol but i hooked it up to 6V and a test load and the voltage reg like craked in half :crackup::crackup: maybe i should ask help before doin it next time i failed misserably