Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

little rant against bureaucracy (idiocracy)

HIMNL9

I just discovered this morning that our administration gave the management of the dumpster to a different company, and have changed our local rules for the dumpster.

Before, being residents and already paying garbage taxes, anyone can go there and delivery garbage (and, if lucky, find something useful and pick it up).

From today, here, you must register as resident (and this is nothing special), cannot pick up anything anymore :cryyy: (a pity, but not a real drama) ..... and, if you have any commercial activity, also small, like me, you must subscribe to autotransporters association (and pay) :mad: (and, what the hell "autotransporters association" have to do with carrying personal garbage, only the hell know), subscribe to an additional tax for commercial activities (and pay) :mad:, do an agreement for a delivery-based fees plan with the company :mad:, and all the times that you deliver some garbage, pay again immediately with credit card :mad: ..... and all this, considering that you, having an activity, already pay garbage tax as private, and ALSO already pay a second garbage tax, TEN TIMES higher, as commercial activity. :mad: :gun: :mad: :gun: :mad: :gun:

I was one of those that always do differential collection and delivery for garbages, before, but now, after this last idiocy and greed demonstration from our administration, i decided that i have enough of them ..... i start to throw anything in the street garbage boxes, regardless the type of garbage, from now, intentionally ..... i don't care anymore about their rules and intentions, after this ..... when is too much, is too much. Period. :wtf:

(sorry for the rant, i had to do this for relief a bit)

Oh, BTW ..... i'm curious now, too ..... is Italy the only place where local administrations are so idiots and greeds, or there's something similar also in other places ?

The garbage tax is included in any state tax we pay for the city I live in now. At the beach we had to pay $25 a month for a private garbage company to pick it up. I also lived in a small town were you had to go to the dump to get rid of your trash. That was $10 a year. So it differs depending where you live.

HIMNL9

Heh, i know that everywhere there's garbage taxes ..... my rant was about the new "rules" .....

Before:

I ALREADY pay garbage taxes as domestic resident, and ALREADY pay also another garbage tax as small shop owner (much higher than the domestic one, 450 Euro), and ALSO pay for the "black water" collector the same amount of the service (this means, if you pay 500 Euro for the water service, you also pay other 500 euro as "water draining tax" ..... and, in Italy, you pay the 20% of iva/vat ALSO on the tax ..... yes, a tax on a tax) ..... i think i'm paying enough for a service that, basically, i do myself, cause *I* have to do differential collection and carry the separated items to the dumpster, they do nothing more than say me "hi" when i go in and out from it.

Now, with the "new rules":

Other than all that what i ALREADY pay (without having the correspondent value in service), if i want to continue to use the dumpster, i have to pay other fees for associate myself to "national autotransporters association" (probably, cause carrying around a box of garbage in your own car is considered "professional autotransportation" :p), then pay again another specific garbage tax for "have the privilege to use the dumpster as commercial activity" (and remember, i ALREADY pay this, as commercial activity), then again pay a fee to the company that manage the dumpster all the times that i go there carrying something ..... in some places, this is called "mafia" .....

Do you understand now, what i mean ?

I am sure other places have rules and regulations just as bad, but Italy has it's own....Shall We say quirkiness. I lived in San Vito near Brindisi for almost 4 years...Best time of My life!!

From everything I've heard, the bureaucracy and unions in California (which get a terribly bad rap in the US) ain't got NOTHING on Italy. Everything I've ever heard matches what you say (which is no surprise since you live there), that it's a terrible place to try to do any business.