Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LikeItBright 200mW O-like in custom made

Today I'm going to show you LIB's build in an ultrafire host. You'll be amazed by the aluminium heatsink polishing that
stains with dirty hands if you're not careful. The host feels nice in the hand and I chose the stainless steel host (not from
DX, because it would have been a multimode (hi/lo/strobe/SOS etc) so that the weight is centered and therefore it won't
fall off towards the front ("en avant") Here's the laser in the host we all love with a heatsink you will all be amazed of...

The full module compared to a bic lighter

Heatsink close-up

Up-front

To bad it doesn't work.

I would love to take beamshots but it just won't lase. It will output a faint red (probably IR) when turned on. I tested
on fully charged 14500 on both polarities, and put it in the fridge at 8°C for ten minutes but there is still the same
problem. Anyone knows why ? My guess is that it got damaged during shipping (a lot (rather tons of terrible things)
can happen in ten days) and therefore the crystals may have been misaligned.
I had a 5mW greenie that got broken because of misuse and will show the same red emission if the batttery
voltage are slightly low, but will run normally on fresh batts. Do you think I should feed the laser more ? (I'm sorry
I had to ask, I want to exploit every possibility before considering a "RMA")

Oh well... I hope you enjoyed the pictures, thanks for reading my mini-review and please answer my Qs if possible....

Attachments

• Copia di IMG_2550.JPG
    Copia di IMG_2550.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Copia di IMG_2551.JPG
    Copia di IMG_2551.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 93

The module in that laser is shot.. the only fix is to replace it (or send back for RMA)..

That's an awesome looking host!

I'm pretty sure a crystal moved during transit because if it emits a faint red then it is lasing... it's just lasing IR.

Three views and two replies ; that's quick. Thanks for your suggestions.

:/ Dammit I hate RMAs, it's just less time with a laser ; I don't know if it's luck or not but out of 4 lasers I ordered I had to RMA 3. Awesome...

For pictures of it "lasing GREEN", go and see LIB's thread "Custom Green with O-like 140mW"

Yeah, simply replace the module with a new one, maybe even go for some burning power! :evil:

Yeah, simply replace the module with a new one, maybe even go for some burning power! :evil:

LOL I can't get more I'm already at the max (200mW) ; Susie doesn't sell more than that in a module of the same size...

Hmmm, well the module worked perfectly here before and after installation. I tried it a number of times after integration into the final laser and it always performed at 200-205mW which was quite impressive. If its not working for you now then my guess is damage to the module during shipping - but the module should not get hot at all - that always suggests the driver is damaged or there is a short somewhere. A short is extremely unlikely, perhaps the driver is damaged but they should be reverse polarity protected. But having said that - don't put the battery in backwards!

If you can't get it to work following my PM instructions then send the laser back and I will RMA the module to Susie and build it up for you again.

dscn3511t.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I can't get more I'm already at the max (200mW) ; Susie doesn't sell more than that in a module of the same size...

:oops: I don't know how i over looked that part of the thread title, i guess i just wanted to quickly scroll down to the shiny pictures :D

Apology accepted :D

Here's a photo of it "lasing". Suprisingly Canon powershot G6 takes nicely IR, as with other cameras it would appear grey...

Dammit imageshack won't work... see attached. (503 Service Unavailable ; No server is available to handle this request.)

See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2559.JPG
    IMG_2559.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 109