Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lighting a match 40 feet away.

Just wanted to show you guys my 1 watt 405nm laser. He's a little video of it instantly lighting a match from 40 feet away.. I would have tried from further, and I'm sure it would have easily done it but I ran out of room.

Last edited:

hi,
Very impressive nice vid but watch the duty cycle those little guys are very fussy. Have fun and be safe always.Nice little burner..

Rich:)

Razako

Nice video as always. 405nm is an amazing wavelength for burning. Probably the highest power you can get from a single mode diode.

DTR

Very nice. Yep the 405nm diodes have had incredible development for single mode diodes but unfortunately with optical media probably going the way of the 8 track in coming years I am not hopeful for the future development of single mode 405nm diodes.:(

Pman

I agree. I would be shocked if anything stronger comes out in a 405nm
I also agree that you are really going to have to watch it on the duty cycle for a 1W. I've built a lot of them and gave up on trying to get a 1W to not blow outside of a power supply. What I mean is I can get all of them over 1W on my power supplies but not in an actual build running off a driver.