Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"LIGHTHOUND" closed ..... another U.S. supplier gone.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I just tried to access the Lighthound site, and was greeted with a message that said they are closed! I had no clue that they were closing.
They were always a great place to go for batteries, especially when you didn't want to wait weeks for delivery from China.

Pman

? Really....
Yeah, that does actually sound like they are closed for good:(

Last edited:
Not good news.

Another good place for batteries is "BatteryJunction", that's where I go :yh:

-Alex

Pman

I've used both besides for many other sources.

There is no competing with China. With the USPS subsidizing shipping from China, it's cheaper for a Chinese business to ship to the U.S. than for a U.S. business to ship to someone in the U.S.

I buy some of my batteries here: Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More! also bought my best charger there, have also bought some batteries on Amazon as well as 2 of my 3 chargers.

I expect one day Amazon and Walmart may be the very last two retailers in the U.S.

Alan

Encap

I just tried to access the Lighthound site, and was greeted with a message that said they are closed! I had no clue that they were closing.
They were always a great place to go for batteries, especially when you didn't want to wait weeks for delivery from China.

Exactly--was a great place for batteries when you needed good batteries quickly--I bought all my AW batteries there. They had a lot of other great items and parts also.

THey were a resource I relied on--always thought they would be there forever.

Is bad/sad news for sure to hear they have gone the way of the wild geese. So many great small family owned businesses have fallen--USA is in a very pathetic state, jobs and economy wise. Hopefully there is still time for someone who is brave enough to turn the USA's decline around and get busineses/jobs back on track before it is really too late, as in Greece.

Last edited:
The one close to me shut down a month or so. I think it was one of their main locations BUT the inventory would fit in 1/ 4th the space-bought batts only looked at all the spendy LED lights-

note: talked to the head person and ALL the batts sent to LH from China go by USPS..
so why am I not allowed??

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exactly--was a great place for batteries when you needed good batteries quickly--I bought all my AW batteries there. They had a lot of other great items and parts also.

Yep, that's where I bought all my AW batteries from also, plus they always seemed to have the smaller/odd size batteries that were hard to find elsewhere.
I bought my first Fenix PD35 led flashlight from them; still the best edc light I own.

The one close to me shut down a month or so. I think it was one of their main locations BUT the inventory would fit in 1/ 4th the space-bought batts only looked at all the spendy LED lights-

note: talked to the head person and ALL the batts sent to LH from China go by USPS..
so why am I not allowed??

I was just looking at a youtube video of someone taking a tour of the Lighthound store; you're right Hak, it was a large store with lots of empty space and little visible stock.

I used to buy AW batteries from Lighthound too. I needed a couple of 18350's and at that time Lighthound was out stock. I found this site RTDVAPOR.com, I think is based in Pennsylvania. Never had a problem and I'm in Puerto Rico and I get them in no more than a week. I hope I'm right and we still have another U.S. based company.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. JR, here's the link to RTDVAPOR, I will have to check them out.

Last edited:
That sucks, I bought from them a year ago. Now I need a new battery. Does anyone know where to find a high quality 4.2v 18650? I looked around alot, had no luck

Pman

Just ordered (4) AW IMR 16340 from them BTG:)
Ordered some Efest cells in the 18350,18490 and 26500 on Ebay from what I believe are legit sellers. They may not be quite up to par as the AW cells but should do fine in our stuff at a decent discount. For a lot of what we are asking out of our batteries it doesn't compare to all the vape mod demands.
I know I may be a bit nuts with this especially considering how many lasers I own but I like to have each unit have its own cells. Kind of astonishing that none of the batteries I have would even be considered "broken in".
I really need to get a charger that can cycle cells. Is the best 4 cell one that can do that the Xtar unit?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good deal Pman, let us know what you think about RTD Vapor when you get your cells.

I've got an Xtar charger, it's an older 2 slot SP2 unit, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its been a good charger. I've also heard good things about their VP4 model.
My current charger is the Opus BT- C3100 v2.1. It's a super charger, bought it at Gearbest during one of their special sales. Check it out, I think it'll do most everything you want. :)

Who did you buy from on ebay?

Last edited:
If LH did close down all operations i wonder who bought thier inventory??

There is also RMM at Mountain Electronics.

I'd consider him the DTR of the flashaholic community. He stocks almost every battery you would ever want and he is US based.

He's my go to guy for batteries and chargers and everything in between :)