Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Orb 2.0

I'm going to have to put other projects on the back burner to make room for this.
Have a habit of tacking on improvements until a project collapses under its own weight tho. A perfectionist will never be finished with anything. :undecided:

. . . . . . . . . . Anyone of you 1000 viewers in Sweden & want to offer our friend FireMyLaser a job?
. . . . . . . . . . . He will infuse any team with creativity! Give him a shot, could always fire him later. :crackup: Nothing to lose!
. . . . . . . . . . . gotta make some use of all these hits.

You could so put it up for an auction style sale right about now. I don't know if you want to part with your baby after all the hard work that went into it but it would sell.

. . . . TinyURL.com/LED-Orb-2-0 . . . . Tell your friends! Need more views!

Last edited:

. . . . . . If you build it, they will come.....

Last edited:

Raybo

FML if you got into engineering, you could make some serious $$. Your work is crude, but your ideas are great. If you put some polish on that, you could probably patent the idea, and present it as a solid prototype.

I don't know TJ.

I don't think it looks crude at all, I really like it, in fact it looks like a gadget from a Jules Verne movie.
The fact that FML fabricated this by hand makes it more desireable IMHO. :beer:

in fact it looks like a gadget from a Jules Verne movie.
The fact that FML fabricated this by hand makes it more desireable IMHO. :beer:
Totally! At first I felt like I would replace the soldered scaffolding to make it look "neater" but after admiring it more closely... I love it. Instead of wood use brass & alum with perhaps a little leather thrown in... Awesomely steampunk.
Hell, just paint the wood leather brown & just glue on some brass details.

I should stop talking/thinking. Now I must make two versions. Minimalist & steampunk. :undecided:

Tho TJ does have a point when you consider that steampunk isn't all that of a mainstream look.

Last edited:
You guys missed my point. When presenting a prototype, you want a clean model. I love it too, obviously.

Tho TJ does have a point when you consider that steampunk isn't all that of a mainstream look.

I got your point! :D *cough*Barely, at the last minute, when I actually took a moment to think.*cough*

Last edited:

jayrob

FML, this creation is amazing man!

You have great creativity and building skills...

So cool... :cool:

Time to pull your video from youtube & use something like Revver or Blip.tv :D
May not gain much but what do you have to lose? :san: Next time on the FireMyLaser channel...

Last edited:

Saito

I signed up for the sole purpose to tell you this is freaking awesome!

great work :gj:look up 555 timer pro and that would help you with duty cycles. keeping them the same i thought about trying it but i dont know how to do it i never researched it enough but i should for my next build i used a 555 here in my three mirror spiro for my laser -----> http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/three-mirror-green-laser-spirograph-49675.html its the same concept you apply get the right blinking to speed ratio and you have some cool effects.

It's because some many people have come here and loaded the pictures so that my free bandwidth limit has been exceeded.