Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Gloves? Any Glovers out there?

So for Halloween I'm thinking of augmenting my lab coat with a lot of GTID, and highly refractive paint to induce seizures and complete my mad scientist look.

In addition to this I've been toying around with the idea of LED gloves.

Specifically these: Amazon.com: Raver Blacked Out Gloves RGB LED 7 Colors Light Show Gloves: Office Products

They were a lot of fun at a couple of parties now, but lack one feature which is a must, which is to simply have one color on continuously.

Any suggestions for a decent pair of led gloves?

Last edited:

:bumpit:

So I ordered another pair that came in over the weekend, they came in, and are basically the same exact design. I have to say for ~$5 a piece I love the fact that I really don't care if they break, I lose one, or one happens to walk off.

Still, any suggestions for something superior but not super pricey (~$20 instead of $5) would be appreciated.

Interesting, but they require a minimum order of 48.

Need to do some more googling, find other options.

Just annoys me that the $130 gloves are likely not that much more expensive to manufacture in china over the $5 ones.

IsaacT

A buddy of mine is a glover. I'll text him and see what pair he uses/recommends.

Those suck. Overpriced, uncomfortable, ill-fitting pieces of shit. I got more use of them trying to keep my hands warm during a cold night at Burning Man than the weak lights in them that faded after a few hours. Under normal circumstances, they're too hot because they're made of plasticky material. Replacing the batteries is a pain too, as the disk battery holder is fixed into the glove, which makes it a pain in the ass to access and fix (and you have to buy the batteries).

Save your money and buy some parts to make your own if you want some gloves. Or hell, just get some of those finger lights. They're always a nice party favor, and cheap enough to give away too.

Last edited:
How about some laser gloves. I made some ghetto laser dj gloves for under $60 XD. And yes, that is gorilla tape.

imagejpg1_zps0f3b1b1f.jpg

imagejpg3_zps7f30aced.jpg

imagejpg2_zps181655cb.jpg

imagejpg4_zps58da1399.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@BB - Great minds think alike, I have at least one or two boxes of those, and give them out on camping trips... kids love them, adults who forget their lights, love the white ones.

I went through three pairs of the chap ones so far, one walked off, one is damaged, and on the last I did have to replace the batteries. Just wish they had a constant on mode.

@IsaacT - Let me know if he has any suggestions. No way in hell am I going to spend $120+ on these.

@NPRLaser - That's an interesting idea... gorilla tape check, 5 cheapie greens, check... might just do some tinkering after all.

Those greenies use a bit of current though. You could also do some cool stuff with some red lasers, like take 3 or 7 of them in a cluster to make a multi-beam for each finger. Wth the price of those little red lasers on eBay being $0.25 it'd be pretty cheap too. Maybe you could even have "portable smoke" with you to enhance the effect.

I've even retrofitted those little lasers into those LED finger lights and it works pretty decently. Not sure if it was worth the time though.

@BB - Wow, those red diodes are super cheap! Don't think it's worth the time to try retrofitting them into the little plastic lights, but jury rigging something seems very doable. Thanks for the link.

@Encap - That's both cool, and very very scary. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a glove like that...

Violet/Blue:2pcs *405nm 150mW
Green:2pcs*532nm80mW
RED:3pcs*650nm100mW

Risk of an accident is way too high. :scared:

o man, gloves with red modules circling each finger (5 or 6 on each). Add a little fog and you have yourself a fun evening at home alone with all your favorite ecstasy :p

Sounds Interesting! But these kind of gloves require a minimum order of 48. Is there any way to obtain them less than 48?

Last edited: