Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer 100mW tiny green laser

Welp after a month it finally arrived. Open the heavily wrapped package and there it is. Open it throw in a 10440 battery someone on here said would work. It doesn't fit the laser. It's longer than a 10440 yet on the battery it says 10440. So i tried a standard AAA. Laser doesn't work. I'm frustrated dearly... What should I do about this?... :yabbem:

NO4H99

Your battery has a protection circuit on it that adds an extra few millimeters. You probably just need an unprotected battery.

Tmack

Oh I thought the battery wasn't long enough.

Yup Noah is right. An unprotected cell will be shorter. You can jump the tail cap with a piece of metal to see if it works until you get a battery if you want.

It won't work if you back off the tail cap a bit?

AA batteries are 1.5 Volts and most Li-ions are 3.7 or at least 3 volts. even a near dead li-ion will give more juice than a fully charged AA ever could, in short, the AA is incapable of powering your laser if it calls for a 10440, battery, which this does: LZTN - Tiny 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer Key Chain

If you have what was sold to you as a 10440 and it does not fit, then most likely NO4H99 is right. some batteries can have the protection safely removed. try this at yur own risk, we disclaim all liability:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/removing-pcb-cells-65011-2.html

Oh wow, I hope you're right. I just bought 2 10440's unprotected just now. Hopefully they work. And I hope a AAA can't power my laser then lol. But I ordered a battery with the laser for like 4 bucks and they email me saying Hong Kong Post can't ship Li-Ion batteries anymore, therefore they will not ship it. SO i bought the protected one (Didn't know they were longer -_-) on ebay. Just bought a few more, i'll wait for those before emailing Max.

Oh I thought the battery wasn't long enough.

Yup Noah is right. An unprotected cell will be shorter. You can jump the tail cap with a piece of metal to see if it works until you get a battery if you want.

It won't work if you back off the tail cap a bit?
Sorry for double post here, but no it will not work if i back the tail cap off a bit. Does this mean the laser is faulty or will the correct sized unprotected battery run it?

Sorry for double post here, but no it will not work if i back the tail cap off a bit. Does this mean the laser is faulty or will the correct sized unprotected battery run it?

Hey Richman,

I don't believe the laser is faulty. I think the best course of action is wait for the batteries and see if they work. If they do then great! If they don't, then try contacting Lazerer about this issue:beer:

Last edited:
Did you try jumping the tail cap? this should power the laser, if it does not, your laser may be defective, or the battery.

if you can test your battery, know it's good, and jumping the tail does not work, then the problem is with the laser.

If you know the battery functions and jumping the tail cap powers the laser, but with the tail cap on (when you get the unprotected batteries) it does not work, then the problem is the tail cap

Last edited:

tomsk

I also contacted Lazerer to buy this product but the site failed, and, apparently Lazerer not fix this error, before, I still buy it, but not now.

Did you put the battery in the right way? When I bought a 1X AAA green pen I was surprised to find that it was (-) to tailcap even though most greens are (+) to tailcap.

Website says it's + to tail cap. Battery is too big though the cap won't fit on it