Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Re: Lava Micro FlexDrive Driver (lavadrive2) fits

this the best diy driver as of yet and i cant think of improvements... only robins driver beats this in complexity/fitness for usage (thats for scanner lasers though)

roSSco

andy_con said:
ok if this is the case ill take two then please.
Hey andy. I noticed that your avatar is ~10MB in size :eek: and decided to resize it for you. ;) The new one is <700kb

Attachments

• DSCN7956.gif
    DSCN7956.gif
    663.9 KB · Views: 299

roSSco

This shows how much smaller it is. Sorry for the hijack DL, but I can't attach pics in a PM and didn't want to bother rehosting. ;)

Attachments

• av1.JPG
    av1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 553

daguin

drlava said:
These drivers are buck or boost current regulators that can run on anything from 2 1.5V cells to a li-ion 18650. Input voltage range 2.5V to 5.5V. High efficiency up to 90% power conversion. They have a pot so current is adjustable to suit your needs. Two current ranges: (32-200mA+) (100-500mA). There is a soft start and startup delay of 1 second when you first turn it on; subsequent turn-ons in a short period do not have this delay.

Mine arrived today. Thanks. Only things left to wait for now is the diodes. :cool:

Then the big leap :-/

Peace,
dave

iewed

Just to confirm, I can run a PS3 BR diode with 2 AA's using this driver, right?

how about 6v with 125mA or higher current using 2x 1.5v AAA?

drlava

TheMonk said:
how about 6v with 125mA or higher current using 2x 1.5v AAA?

I just tested and yes, it can.  Not much higher than 125mA with a boost from 3V to 6V, but it can do it.

drlava said:
[quote author=TheMonk link=1209418066/15#23 date=1209705241]how about 6v with 125mA or higher current using 2x 1.5v AAA?

I just tested and yes, it can.  Not much higher than 125mA with a boost from 3V to 6V, but it can do it.[/quote]

Thanks. I would like two drivers, please see your PM. :)

payment send for two blu drivers. [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Hey Dr.

PM Sent for 2 as well.

One Low Current,
One High Current.

Thanks!
Joe
;)

danq

just received mine in the mail. Haven't powered them up yet, but wow, are they small! - having them in person is really different than a photo or drawing. Part of what makes them seem small is I think how uncrowded and neat the board is - nice job!

DanQ

woop

hey drlava, is the ground pin on the diode at ground potential?
ie, are the two ground pins connected together?
and you wanna post a schematic?

I was looking at one of these drivers to run a Blu Ray LD, powered by a single 10440 cell (3.6V 305mA). Do you see any problems with that set-up? I am not sure if that will be enough current to run the LD for very long.

If everything sounds good, definitely count me in! Those circuits look great! :)

IgorT

F1SportsFan said:
I was looking at one of these drivers to run a Blu Ray LD, powered by a single 10440 cell (3.6V 305mA). Do you see any problems with that set-up? I am not sure if that will be enough current to run the LD for very long.

Since the voltage will be stepped up, the current draw on the battery will be slightly higher than the current through your blue ray. Is it a PS3 Blue Ray? If it is, and you drive it at 42mA, the average current draw on your battery will be around 64mA - less when full, more when empty. It's going to work for almost 4 hours and 45 minutes on a 305mAh battery.

The max discharge rate for Li-Ions is 2C. With a PS3 sled Blue Ray, you have nothing to worry about. In fact, your little 10440 could even drive a Blue Ray writer diode with this driver, and only the battery life would be shorter (still almost two hours).

You just need to be careful not to overdischarge it, since it is unprotected. Due to the way this driver works, you would not notice any decrease in performance, until it was too late for the battery. I use special LEDs, that turn on when the voltage drops under 3V and give me a warning this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.