Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasever high-powered (class IV) 532nm lab module review

OK so I don't have the full review ready quite yet, but I can say that so far I've been more than impressed with Lasever's products.

My first experience with Lasever's products came in the form of a 1.5W 532nm module that I traded for around a month ago. My unit makes well over 1.6W according to my measurements. The build quality appears very good and the stability and beam quality support this, the heads are almost identical in appearance to CNI's MGL-H series, with a few subtle differences in finish. Contrary to popular belief, these heads are NOT made by CNI and then sold to Lasever. These are made by Lasever.

After I made the trade and had the 1.5W green in my possession for awhile I was quite happy with the quality and stability of the laser. It's pretty much on par with all of the other Chinese lasers I've owned from CNI and Viasho. I decided to contact Lasever with an offer to see what they could do within the limits of my budget. I'm not going to say what my offer was, but suffice it to say that Lasever ended up offering me TWICE the power of other manufacturers at the same price point. I ordered 2 800mW analog heads.

After a 4 day wait I had my new lasers in hand. I've spend the last two days testing these new heads extensively. I've run them for almost 20 hours in 2 days on various surfaces to try to induce different temperature effects and to induce any inherent instability. So far, much like all DPSS lasers, each head has had it's own "personality" so to speak. They both make just over 1W, at around 3-5% CW stability. According to my measurements and the VERY professional and thorough datasheets that were supplied by Lasever with the laser, beam diameters and divergence figures are slightly different for each, as well as diode current and modulation linearity. I have not modulated them with a high-speed signal yet, so I can't say how they handle in that regard.. but I will know soon! So far I'm more than happy..

I'll be updating this post with a proper review AND PICS!! soon.. just wanted to share my initial impressions! My buying experience in terms of seller responsiveness, friendliness and ship time was first rate.

Last edited:

I am working on the complete review, but it will probably be a few more days before I'm done with it. As always, finding time is a constant challenge.

D

Deleted member 16589

OK sorry to bump this old thread but in Bionic-Badger's review it said
P.S. Hopefully Electrofreak writes his review on the even higher powered Lasever laser(s) he purchased. I want to read how they are.
That's how I found this.
any way wheres the full review :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.. buried and completely forgotten about. I'll work on it over the next week and try to post it soon. The 2 800mW lasers in question are doing great, but they only see a few hours of use a month. My 1.5W unit is still going strong after weeks of show use almost every weekend. It's got a couple hundred hours on it now.. doing great, no degradation of any kind in any of these lasers that I'm aware of. They all have very low hours so none would be expected. More details to come.

Last edited:
Want to pipe up here once again.. it's easy for me to find time to post on LPF when I'm at my day job, but very hard for me to find time to set things up outside of work for a proper review here. Once I have a bit of time without shows to prepare for or other work I will post pics etc.

These 2 systems are still going strong, one of them recently developed a scratch on the IR filter (on the side facing the inside of the laser.. have NO idea how it happened) but since Lasever sent some spares with the order I had it fixed in no time. Power output is holding up, beam specs are great especially under modulation. No complaints so far.

Last edited: