Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasever >80mw 473nm Review

Nichia has done that already :whistle:
I can get a diode for a reasonable $4000 and make a handheld haha, I'd want a slightly shorter wavelength though, 480nm sounds pretty nice to me.

I learned a sentence on LPF which might be suitable here

Give a arm and leg?:na:

I learned a sentence on LPF which might be suitable here

Give a arm and leg?:na:

LASEVER, while I've got you here, could you confirm whether these units are actually made by CNI?

As far as I am aware (as are most of us), the host design is exclusive to CNI, and CNI has not licenced the design out to anyone else.

We're all rather curious as the performance of these units is more or less on par with CNI's PGL-III-C 473nm handhelds.

Regards,

Andrew

LASEVER, while I've got you here, could you confirm whether these units are actually made by CNI?

As far as I am aware (as are most of us), the host design is exclusive to CNI, and CNI has not licenced the design out to anyone else.

We're all rather curious as the performance of these units is more or less on par with CNI's PGL-III-C 473nm handhelds.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I think ours are better than CNI ones actually, the design of host might be similar, but ours whole design is more reasonable, so handhelds get more overspec
A big question is now we focus on laser module manufacturing, so we don't have enough time to make so many handhelds to compete in handheld market.
Only when customers come and ask for one, so we make some.
We mainly supply laser modules, also we can supply you modules without housing for handhelds, which you can build handheld yourself with a suitable host.
Hope it's the answer to your doubt.
:san:

Van

Not trying to cause trouble, but the hosts are the exact same as CNI's PGL-III-C lasers. Doesn't matter to me, the laser itself is all i really care about. I'm going to be bugging you guys for more modules sometime soon, no plans there for 561nm yet? It shouldn't be much different than 671nm or 473nm :whistle:

Not trying to cause trouble, but the hosts are the exact same as CNI's PGL-III-C lasers. Doesn't matter to me, the laser itself is all i really care about. I'm going to be bugging you guys for more modules sometime soon, no plans there for 561nm yet? It shouldn't be much different than 671nm or 473nm :whistle:

Never mind :)
Actually we tried many kinds of host, and the "like CNI "one is still not the final version, which means it might be changed sometime.
We are trying to solve the problem of cooling with some good design

Sorry, no plan for 561nm yet.
We are now moving on with higher power for old wavelengths we have.

Never mind :)
Actually we tried many kinds of host, and the "like CNI "one is still not the final version, which means it might be changed sometime.
We are trying to solve the problem of cooling with some good design

Sorry, no plan for 561nm yet.
We are now moving on with higher power for old wavelengths we have.

Wait... Can't you guys invent for us a hand held affordable 488nm before moving up to higher powers. :D

Oh! I might get a higher power 473nm if prices drop a bit then. I should get more money before I make all these buying plans...
Edit, if anything around there make a ti:sapphire at 480nm!

Last edited:
Hey guys

As a company after all, especially a medium size company like Lasever, it's not so wise to cover too many wavelengths' products.
We have to move on with those mature products in those wavelengths first where we can see a market for us.
But of course, you can tell us what you need. One day, we might be able to do and I will let you guys know.

Van

Hey guys

As a company after all, especially a medium size company like Lasever, it's not so wise to cover too many wavelengths' products.
We have to move on with those mature products in those wavelengths first where we can see a market for us.
But of course, you can tell us what you need. One day, we might be able to do and I will let you guys know.

Van

Heh I understand, there's little practical use for some exotic colors, DPSS lasers are good for beam shape and it makes sense to have one of each essential RGB wavelength. Still we hobbyists dream for something new and unusual. I'm still looking for a class 4 473nm laser, chances are I'll buy it from you guys cause the price is much less than other companies, not even to mention quality. Let me know what upgrades you guys make! 5w green might be tough to beat though.

Heh I understand, there's little practical use for some exotic colors, DPSS lasers are good for beam shape and it makes sense to have one of each essential RGB wavelength. Still we hobbyists dream for something new and unusual. I'm still looking for a class 4 473nm laser, chances are I'll buy it from you guys cause the price is much less than other companies, not even to mention quality. Let me know what upgrades you guys make! 5w green might be tough to beat though.

600mW 473nm is still our max by now.
We are working on 445nm 4~6W and 635nm 1W/ 2W
try to shorten the lead time and make the laser more stable:thanks:
we have 5W green, but maybe a bit expensive.

I'm away from home this week, and I don't have the price sheet on me, can you pm me the cost on that one?
Also, looking forward to that module!

Blord

Could you give us the dimension of the 473nm module ? I have an empty host and want to fit a 80mW 473nm module inside.

$(KGrHqF,!lsE+F+tr)9iBP4,BH(VwQ~~60_1.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJFUE+S-CYTnrBP4,BUJll!~~60_1.JPG

Last edited:
Could you give us the dimension of the 473nm module ? I have an empty host and want to fit a 80mW 473nm module inside.

$(KGrHqF,!lsE+F+tr)9iBP4,BH(VwQ~~60_1.JPG
$(KGrHqRHJFUE+S-CYTnrBP4,BUJll!~~60_1.JPG

ΝΟΟΟΟΟΟ! This Is Ugly Host! If you buy A Module Put It in a Custom Ehgemus Host:wave:

Though I completely agree with the above, I'm fitting mine into a smaller, prettier host. Not ehgemus, but it'll be nice. The module will fit that ugly thing :wave: