Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasever 500mW 532nm Disassembly! BEAUTIFUL!

Hey guys!

I blew the driver for my lasever 532 module. Now the laser doesn't act right. When I move the host around, the output changes drastically. So I decided to have a peek inside! My jaw dropped to the floor as I did not expect to see such quality!

WARNING! Beautiful images!

Lasever 500mW 532 - Imgur

:beer: cheers guys!

Dam. Can you believe this came from china?

What exactly is wrong with it? Diode going bad?

:( nice pics tho...

It's hard to believe! I've never once seen a 532 laser with actual HR/OC mirrors. All of the ones I've seen had the crystal coated. This is a keeper for sure!

Not too sure. Something seems to be loose and it's not going to be an easy fix. Thats about all I can say.

ARG

That's an impressive construction for sure, I dread to think of what all those custom metal parts cost.

D

Deleted member 16589

Its Very similar to the construction of a 5mW green module i have dated 2001. aparently the one I have cost $700 back then.

I have seen The inside of a CNI equivalent module (not sure the power ) and the quality was poor at best. Not a single screw all glue and the reason it was not working was the glue cracked.

Lasever sure puts CNI to shame on these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, i thought lasever just resold CNI modules...Apprently not. So i guess the 473 modules arent cni either, yet they all look identical, and use identical drivers :thinking:

That's impressive for a green laser module :O hopefully the module isn't dead...

D

Deleted member 16589

Weird, i thought lasever just resold CNI modules...Apprently not. So i guess the 473 modules arent cni either, yet they all look identical, and use identical drivers :thinking:

If your refering to this one I have wondered that myself DPSS Laser,Green laser,Blue lasers,Red lasers form Lasever
It may be that the Internals are built by lasever but the housing is generic.
I believe Dhom sells the same type as well.

However the other models are clearly not CNI's.

That's impressive for a green laser module :O hopefully the module isn't dead...

Even if it is dead, I'm 95% sure I can repair it :)

You can only imagine how astonished I was when I opened it. (Which wasn't easy! Stupid glue! :banghead:)

Ahh no, is that *The* module?

What exactly happened to it, when did it start acting up? Just out of the blue on it's own?

I see you figured out my host dissassembly no worries. How is that working out for you?

How do you suppose you can repair this?

Unfortunately it is *the* module. Was not thinking straight one day and put the battery in backwards. Tested it on my bench top psu, seemed okay but when I tested ift again, it wasn't so great.

Worst case scenario, I need a new pump diode. C-mounts are easy enough to replace. So if it comes down to it, ill just break the glue between the copper and brass, slap a new pump in and glue it back together. It should stay in alignment as long as the pump orientation is exactly the same.

Have you tried powering up the diode with any sort of a driver? 1 Amp or so just for testing should give you indication whether the diode needs replacing or not.

I sure hope it does not. It may not be as easy as you're describing.

Have you tried powering up the diode with any sort of a driver? 1 Amp or so just for testing should give you indication whether the diode needs replacing or not.

I sure hope it does not. It may not be as easy as you're describing.

Not working anymore. Getting 7mW now. Its weird because shaking it causes the laser to get brighter. So ill likely just buy a new cmount. Replacement of a cmount is easy. Getting everything glued back together isnt.

See post #28 here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/now-its-dead-800mw-lasever-module-87404-4.html

Should give you and idea of where the C mount is and how to get to it.

You may have to get a replacement diode from lasever for perfect fit and OEM performance---they can supply same, no problem.

Good luck!

I took a look at the thread and it seems pretty straightforward. I'll probably see what they will charge for a cmount and driver.

The procedure is easy enough. Ive already repaired a spartan that was out of alignment.

Encap

I took a look at the thread and it seems pretty straightforward. I'll probably see what they will charge for a cmount and driver.

The procedure is easy enough. Ive already repaired a spartan that was out of alignment.

I seem to remember the cost from David WU at lasever is about $100