Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LasershowGen - ILDA file creation tool

Grix

This is an ILDA frame creation tool called LasershowGen (formerly ildaGen). There are very few and limited ways to make your own ilda files without spending a lot of money on enterprise laser show suites. This program makes custom ilda frame production possible for both hobbyists and price-sensitive professionals.

It is commercial, but the current price is only $24.90, which I hope you will find is a good deal. Combined with a free show composer like HE laserscan or LaserRoom, you can now make your own high-quality laser shows for cheaper than ever before.

danielbriggs @ Photonlexicon.com said:
An excellent product. I can't believe how much functionality you get for so few £

To download or purchase the program, see the link below. You can download the program and test it out for yourself without purchasing a license (but exporting won't work) using the links below.

LasershowGen at Bitlasers.com

NEW: HTML5 version! Create ilda files directly in your browsers without installing any programs: http://bitlasers.com/lasershowgen

Paypal and bitcoin accepted.

Manual can be downloaded here

Here is a screenshot of the program in action:

screenshot.png

screenshot_timeline.png

This program is still in the beta phase. New features and bug fixes will be implemented as new versions are released. The price may increase in the future as the program matures, but any license bought now will continue to be valid.

Please tell me what you think! If you have any criticism or suggestion for new features, please share!

Last edited:

Re: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

That's pretty cool man!
How long did it take you to program all this?

Grix

I worked on this for a few hours today and added some suggested features from another forum, including snapping to grid, onion skinning and rotoscoping, plus a bit extra. I updated the links in the original post. And, also I drafted a manual of sorts that can be found by clicking the "HELP" button in the program.

OldNo7

If I buy it now at $9.99 I can get updates including bug fixes and upgrades? So it's like an early user incentive? That's great.

Too often do I see beta or even alpha versions of software sold only to require another purchase once the programmer has stable release. Your early supporters are the ones that also get the word out. They should be rewarded not punished because they jumped on board too soon.

For this reason alone I'm going to purchase your software.

Thank you for your contribution

Grix

If I buy it now at $9.99 I can get updates including bug fixes and upgrades? So it's like an early user incentive? That's great.

Too often do I see beta or even alpha versions of software sold only to require another purchase once the programmer has stable release. Your early supporters are the ones that also get the word out. They should be rewarded not punished because they jumped on board too soon.

For this reason alone I'm going to purchase your software.

Thank you for your contribution

Of course! As said on the product page, the price might increase in the future as the program matures, but any license bought now will continue to be valid with any future updates. :)

Grix

New version!

New features / bug fixes:
- Radial grid (Press S)
- Window is resizeable (Press N to restore aspect ratio and M to reset size)
- Number of overlapping points per dot is adjustable
- Changed some terminology
- Fixed things not drawing after minimizing and restoring
- Fixed snapping to start of element not working when onion skinning is enabled
- Fixed proper format declaration in null header
- Easier frame cycling
- Number of points now in the frame now shown
- List of keyboard controls visisble when hovering over the help button
- Various misc. adjustments and fixes and maybe something else I'm forgetting

3Pig

Wish i didn't buy a game with the rest of all my bitcoin, and im not mining for a few months just for this. I can guarantee that I will buy it if and when I build a projector.

I still have a heap of reading to do but Im getting there :)

Grix

New version! v0.9.3, with two major new features! Download link is in the product page: ildaGen - ILDA frame creation tool

Curve tool - A proper cubic bezier curve tool like most vectoring programs have. When using this, press enter after adjusting the curve to finalize and place it.
"3D" scanner preview - Press space to switch to a simulated scanner preview like in the second ilda example in the first post in this thread.
You can now double click S or R to toggle the grids rather than having to hold down the button.
You can now hold down Ctrl while adjusting color to move all RGB sliders at once.
And some various bugfixes

Grix

New version: 0.9.4!

ildaGen - ILDA frame creation tool

Sorry I couldn't get all suggestion so far into this release, but I've added a bunch of other cool stuff:

Position displacement (movement) animation
Different animation modes such as sine, bounce, damped, etc
Automatic update checker
Tools for copying/cloning colors
Curve points out of range bug fix
Press 0 to jump to first frame
Some performance improvements
Other minor stuff

Here's an example ilda file using the two new features in bold (the gif is a bit choppy, download the actual ilda file to preview it properly):

sailor.gif

sailor.ild

Last edited:

Grix

After some days work, the first test version of the HTML5 version is ready! ildaGen can now run straight from your browser, without installing any programs, on any operating system including Mac and Linux!

ildaGen HTML5 version

Keep in mind it is full of bugs, and browser support is a bit messy. If it does not work properly, try using another browser. Particularily the exporting seems to be broken in certain browsers.

Grix

New version 0.9.5 !

ildaGen - ILDA frame creation tool

In this version you can now load existing ilda files.
You can also select already placed objects (and loaded ilda files) by using the up/down arrow keys, and remake them by reapplying all or some of the properties such as blanking, coloring or displacement.
You can also delete individual objects by pressing delete.
In addition to this there are quite a few minor refinements, like performance increases and bug fixes.

Grix

I have a new version for you today, 0.9.6, with a bunch of new, very cool features if I dare say so myself!

- Text tool

You can now write text, thanks to Laserboy's font ilda files. You can choose from several different fonts, from fancy outlines to super scanner-friendly single-lined.
- Shaking animation
- Scope selection
Very useful feature, you can now select the editing scope, in other words exactly which frames you want to edit or place the animation at.
- Rainbow coloring
- Import ILDA format 0 and 1
- Laserboy included
Laserboy itself is now included with ildaGen, and the manual has a few chapters on how to use it, to for example convert files exported from ildagen into legacy ILDA format 0 or 1.
- Too many bugfixes and minor improvements to count

PS: I am also announcing a price hike in the near future. The program have already grown a lot since it was released, with probably close to twice the amount of features. It will still be relatively cheap, though, and of course all existing purchases or purchases from now until the price change will not be affected.

Last edited:

Grix

Cool, thanks! By way, if you downloaded the program immediately after the update was announced, you should redownload it now, because I had to fix a little bug that slipped through the cracks. (If you click import and then cancel the file browser, the program errors and crashes)