Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers Prove Existence of Gravitational Waves!

This is very cool.

The Gravity B project also proved that gravity dense objects/planets do warp the fabric of space/time.

One day man will be able to warp space time and then we can go somewhere, until then we are separated by so much time/space that all we can really do is look outside of our solar system.

cool i bet the first thing they do with "warping" is for giant planet cracking( mining minerals from deep space asteroid,planet...) space ship...

cool i bet the first thing they do with "warping" is for giant planet cracking( mining minerals from deep space asteroid,planet...) space ship...

:rolleyes: Giant planet cracking? :thinking: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I would wager 1st thing would be to warp space time controllably in front/around a vessel and get that vessel through it intact, probably with an atomic clock inside to see if there is any time dilatation involved in the ride. But you have a good imagination, and who doesn't enjoy breaking stuff open to get the goodies from inside. :beer:

Last edited:
well we enjoy breaking open anything that have a laser sticker on it...why not try to go on a bigger scale...

:eg: Well crack open a deathstar , I want to repurpose some parts.
:lasergun:

Teej

This is very cool.

The Gravity B project also proved that gravity dense objects/planets do warp the fabric of space/time.

One day man will be able to warp space time and then we can go somewhere, until then we are separated by so much time/space that all we can really do is look outside of our solar system.

LOL

WE ALL warp spacetime, that's sort of the point...and why we make waves in gravity to start with.

IE: If you wave your hand in a room, the room gets larger and smaller (To a degree that is imperceptible).

KNOWING this is how the next steps will probably include finding a way to surf them.

:thinking:

The issue, so far, seems that if the energy of two colliding dark holes causes a fraction of a proton worth of movement...an individual ripple would not make a great propulsive device unless it can push you like a surfer riding a wave, etc.

A railgun type acceleration effect would be indicated, but the trick for interstellar exploration would be the ship being able to use its OWN mass to be accelerated, etc.

In the meantime, they'll probably mostly observe the universe through the new window on it, and probably find out all sorts of new things about how it all works...BEFORE figuring out how to surf a gravitational wave, etc.

:D

Last edited:
Yes and because the earth spins on its axis at about 1000 + MPH if you are facing east or west you are a unperceivable amount thinner front to back, but turn 90 degrees and face north or south and now you are stretched the other way.
However velocity induced time dilation is enough that our GPS system of satellites must calculate for it or they would be off by a measurable amount, and that is strictly from time dilation.

This is why warping space time may have an unknown effect on time dilation, we know orbiting astronauts experienced a gain of seconds after a period of orbiting the earth at higher velocity as proven by atomic clocks.

But if we warp the fabric of space time artificially, will we also change the rate of time passage?

If a astronaut could reach 99% the speed of light and make a 10 year trip, he may return home after 10 years to find 300 years have passed on earth.

What effect will warping the space time fabric have on perceived rate of time? We don't yet know.

Last edited:

:rolleyes: Giant planet cracking? :thinking: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I would wager 1st thing would be to warp space time controllably in front/around a vessel and get that vessel through it intact, probably with an atomic clock inside to see if there is any time dilatation involved in the ride. But you have a good imagination, and who doesn't enjoy breaking stuff open to get the goodies from inside. :beer:

If we ever do figure out how to controllably warp space time, if there's a way to weaponize it then someone will.

This story was on several news channels yesterday, I saw video on two of them where they showed some machine they said used tiny glass fibers but they never mentioned lasers or explained how it worked.

Alan

...is groundbreaking and proves Einstein right!

I knew it all the time :p

But, he wasn't right about spooky action at a distance, quantum entanglement causing action at a distance faster than the speed of light is real, but he denied it. Interesting story, thanks for the link.

OVNI

I knew it all the time :p

But, he wasn't right about spooky action at a distance, quantum entanglement causing action at a distance faster than the speed of light is real, but he denied it. Interesting story, thanks for the link.

I'm hoping in our lifetime these theories will lead to a major breakthrough in controlling/manipulating time or gravity.

Last edited:
I was aware of this several days ago when the LIGO observatory here in my state actually detected the convergence of the two black holes many millions of light years away. I thought about mentioning it back then, but got sidetracked. I'm glad someone did. It is amazing when you realize how long we have been trying to detect this very event. Finally, Einstein was proved correct.

Now what someone needs to do is to figure out if gravity waves travel at the speed of light or not. In 1998 Dr. Thomas Van Flandern wrote a paper asserting that astronomical observations imply that gravity propagates at least twenty billion times faster than light, or even infinitely fast. These claims were dismissed by mainstream physicists. He died of colon cancer in Seattle, Washington, January 29, 2009 (age 68). Too bad he didn't live to see this.

Alan