Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers in 360

So my college let me borrow a 360 degree camera over March break. Thought I would see what I could do with some lasers in a full 360 environment.

The photos aren't terribly good quality, but I'm sharing them anyway just to see what people think and maybe get some ideas going. This is my first time using this camera, so I imagine the quality will get better as I get used to it and find the time and a better place to do this.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be able to embed on the forums, so you'll have to follow the links to view them properly.

https://360player.io/player/Ce2Sjj/

https://360player.io/player/u4oLmG/

https://360player.io/player/9XBCE6/

Wow, I must get one!!
*Enchanted beams in 360°* :p

Last edited:
Wow...Now...There is something ya don't see every day...Lasers 360 #2.....Friken....Curved Beams....Whooooaaa !!! MMMMmmm....Wonder how the CDRH would issue a Variance on that ??? HAHA. Thanx !

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice BK. Thanks for sharing.
I would love to see some of the members here using 360 deg. Imagine Brucemir's setup. :drool:

BobMc

Very nice Blarg King! Thanks for such awesome pics! Those are a sight for sores eyes. :drool:

Tried to rep you but got the dreaded message again. Bunch of commies (or liberals) same thing. :crackup:

Last edited:
So my college let me borrow a 360 degree camera over March break. Thought I would see what I could do with some lasers in a full 360 environment.

WOW, BK!! These 360 degree photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing and please accept a belated +Rep. Take Care.

-cd :D

Very different from the 360 degree photos I'm used to seeing. I like being able to insert myself in the middle and rotate the photo. Good job, Blarg. :yh: + rep.

Last edited:
Yeah the main difficulty with the 360 camera is its basically two point-and-shoot cameras back to back, so getting quality out of unusual shooting conditions such as low light and lasers with those tiny image sensors can be difficult.

Perhaps multiple exposures into an HDR will yield better results. Or just taking multiple under exposed images at lower ISO and then stack them to reduce noise.

Gazen

It’s a cool idea Blarg, definitely has potential in laser photagraphy.
Nice pictures :)

Hi BK,
Thats really cool stuff those came out great , do some more of them.

Rich:)