Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers by Darkarmyofone - A craftsman's works

Maxi3D

Also, FYI the plastic CD backing use for the test has a grainy texture on it that perhaps hinders the PHR's performance. Just a thought.

Maxi3D

what current is that 480mw run at?

I'll have to ask Dark for the spec. on the 8x BD. He might have the info somewhere on his sales thread. Sorry.

Edit: Just PM Dark for more spec. on the lasers.

Last edited:
I'm getting an 8x build too just waiting! And if your laser burns out, well 12x diodes are on the horizon :)

Lets not jinx his 8x now dalorian :D Your 8x just needs to be inserted into the housing. everything is done, Should ship today actually. if not, tommarow for surezy :)

And about the PHR-803T build, lol, i gotta clear this up

Maxi, I put a 405-G1 lens on there for free for you. didnt i tell you?? That was one of my gifts to you :) Anyways, the PHR is running at a healthy current, and outputs about 195-203mW's on long-average.

Also, If this PHR ever starts to fade, i will replace the diode for free. As it is being pushed. but it was the most efficient PHR i had pre-extracted at the time :)

And the other builds (6 & 8x) i need a lil bit to dig up the specs, I file everything including order details once i ship the package out. This helps me have a less-cluttered work space, and keep things neater and free flowing. So check back for the official results. I dont want to estimate, as everyones build is unique.

I'm so glad you like everything Maxi, Thank you very much for this amazing review!

Very Apreciative! You have no idea the joy it brings me to see my artwork on video, being spoken of so highly :D

Your Go-to-Guy,

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Welcome to Dark Lasers!

Last edited:
Got mine in today, Dark does awesome builds and it was well worth the wait. I'll post pictures later on tonight after work.

YGG

I'm waiting for my 6x in Pailide host from Dark 248mw metered, can't wait. Hey Dark, when do you want to build me an 8x? And btw guys I have a black mini RPL 100mw green, I will be uploading videos and pics when it arrives.

I feel some credit should go to the people who made the parts that were gathered...

sorry... Dark, good job on the builds, but in all fairness I know the PHR in the pics is a jayrob unit if not then a twin. The lens is awfully close to his also...just given some credit to those folk who are considered to be craftsman here. Hope I didn't step on any fingers or toes.

Jander6442

Lol Jander I think Dark and Jayrob have a deal going on, so yeah he's reselling his kits or something

Maxi3D

I feel some credit should go to the people who made the parts that were gathered...

sorry... Dark, good job on the builds, but in all fairness I know the PHR in the pics is a jayrob unit if not then a twin. The lens is awfully close to his also...just given some credit to those folk who are considered to be craftsman here. Hope I didn't step on any fingers or toes.

Jander6442

Your're right, I just added credits to those who made the parts for the lasers. Ehgemus, drlava, and joyrob made the parts, but it's Dark who put them all together like painter working with paint.

Jander6442

If people dont know JUST by looking that it is JAYROBS Pocket Mini, and JAYROBS 405-G1 lens... then i dont know what to tell you lol! You should do some re-search my friend.

I never took any credit for making ANY of the products involved in the build. I am simply an Artist, as Maxi Put it ;) I assemble things for a nominal fee, and garuntee nothing is DOA, including the parts.

And incase anyone is wondering... I am an OFFICIAL re-seller of Jayrob products. check out my "exclusives" section on Welcome to Dark Lasers! If that doesnt prove it... then i dont know what will :crackup:

@IMJUSTINTIME - I'm glad you like everything Justin! Your builds did turn out nice! be sure to post some pictures! ;)

Keep the photos comin guys! I am thinking about linking this thread to Welcome to Dark Lasers! so people who visit can read these testimonies :D

Tyler - Dark Lasers

O.K. O.K. I have been stalling to get the glass lens it will need, but I am going to kick it into gear and send DL my parts and get a awesome blu-ray laser built! It is a Sonar II host that is bare, (no powdercoat), and so far, I think it'll have to be a GGW diode. Can't wait! -Glenn

ZRTMWA

Wow I love that 8x. Can't wait for 12x's. There is only one or two other video of an 8x on youtube. If you don't mind me asking dark how did you get 190-250mW of 532nm out of a 12mm O-like module. I saw your thread about building lasers and figured the 200mW green was just using the big O-like modules. But eghemus's host won't fit those. Thanks.

Because susies 200mW modules are somewhat overpowered sometimes, and they NEED 3.6-3.7volts to function properly. Susie has a habbit of "cherry picking" my modules for me, only sending me the best ones she has, because i buy so many i guess.

Thats how :)

Glad you like the 8x. it is TRUELY amazing! that baby burns like HELL FIRE lol

Dark

ZRTMWA

Those 200mW modules are fairly new and have been out of stock for a while. How come you haven't posted about this in the 200mW O-like 12mm thread? I thought Dave had the best 12mm 200mW at 190mW. I presume you are talking about the small 12mm 200mW modules?

Darkarmyofone:

I have just read about the 8x you have made for Maxi3D: To add him as a new 8x Owner I need you confirm me these data:

Diode: BDR-203?
Driver: v4 Flex?
Current: ?

Then, if you have also recorded some mA-V-mW points, I can add also the Po plot.

Thanks