Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers aren't the only dangerous thing thats fun to play with... try high Voltage!

Razako

More stupidly dangerous HV fun lol. This is 5 15kv/60ma neon transformers in parallel. 300ma at 15kv.

Those 1W 445nm give me the willys lol... I seriously think all these people starting off with 445s are in for trouble... I would love to work up to it someday but holy moses those seem dangerous in a noobs hands... at least this HV stuff is fairly difficult to make... I know a lot of people who assume if you can see it and you avoid pointing it directly in your eyes you'd be fine... no clue of diffused light dangers or partial refraction... anyways this isn't the correct place to bring all that up.

Couldn't agree with you more....:beer:
At least this Forum tries to steer them in the right
safe direction...

You could start with the lowly PHR803-t that will put out 100mW
of 405nm goodness... and of course Laser Eye Protection...

Jerry

Jorad

Couldn't agree with you more....:beer:
At least this Forum tries to steer them in the right
safe direction...

You could start with the lowly PHR803-t that will put out 100mW
of 405nm goodness... and of course Laser Eye Protection...

Jerry

Yep that's what I'm doing... started out with a nice little PHR Zippo Build. I'm actually eyeing one of the chrome Pocket mini hosts from jayrob... and I need to build myself a greenie asap!

Jorad, have you done anything with Mercury Arc Rectifiers? Wish I could get my hands on a small one.

If thats the price you feel I need to pay for attempting to pass on some common sense then so be it.
It's a bargain compared to enduring a health issue or injury.

Dude you're so full of yourself that you're blind. No one was disagreeing with you, Its the way you presented it. You jump down Jorad's throat, then neg rep him after he included the warning about the ozone. You could of simply added the info, but you acted like an a$$hole instead. Thats where you are wrong. Now you're trying to hide your asinine actions behind the fact of safety. Yes, you did a good thing posting about safety, but you also crapped all over Jardos thread and profile to prove you're right. Thats just BS no matter how you want spin it. There was not one person here saying ozone was OK for you. So you have no excuses.