Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointerpro?

Yorath

Hey, 7 days ago I bought 2 200mw green lasers and a 100mw blue laser from Laserpoint.com. I got express shipping but they still havent came. Is the site reliable, cause iv only seen 1 review and he said that he got the wrong item that didnt even work. Do they usually end up not delivering or sending the wrong item to people?

It took over a month for my order to arrive; I didn't think I'd ever see the item, and began to worry (I used my unprotected debit card, linked directly to my checking account!! Risky, but whew, no problems). Then one day, there was a claim slip in my mailbox, saying it was ready for pickup at the PO.. Yay!

Had done a lot of back and forth e-mailing to their customer service, to convince them I didn't want aanother refund, I wanted something shipped, even if it was lesser. After several "how about this one?" messages, they sent the one I chose. This was my first laser-buying experience, so I'm not sure if that is how this company normally operates.

They are fast about answering e-mailed questions, but sort of confusing, because at least three different employees were replying at one point, and the right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing, so to speak. I like the pointer, but as a noob, I was easy to please.

Hey, 7 days ago I bought 2 200mw green lasers and a 100mw blue laser from Laserpoint.com. I got express shipping but they still havent came. Is the site reliable, cause iv only seen 1 review and he said that he got the wrong item that didnt even work. Do they usually end up not delivering or sending the wrong item to people?

Note to self, next time dont pay extra for the shipping. They will still take their time. They dont ship it to you directly. they ship it to someone in NJ, then they take it and ship it to your house.

Givem about 3 weeks b ut also there stuff is junk if you ordered 200mw it will be around 100mw to 80mw i leared the hard way you get what you payed for bye cheap get cheap good luck

Yorath

Id be happy IF they arrive even if they r 100mw-80mw. Dealextreme doesnt sell powerful lasers anymore and its hard for me to find affordable lasers over 10mw. Its better than having a 5mw at least. The sites I see sell 100mw for over $100. To get a powerful laser that is really good id go for the Spyder S3 Arctic. Best deal for the power and price even though its $300.

Id be happy IF they arrive even if they r 100mw-80mw. Dealextreme doesnt sell powerful lasers anymore and its hard for me to find affordable lasers over 10mw. Its better than having a 5mw at least. The sites I see sell 100mw for over $100. To get a powerful laser that is really good id go for the Spyder S3 Arctic. Best deal for the power and price even though its $300.

So many things wrong with your advice I'm not even sure where to begin, or whether to spend the time.

Bottom line is if you don't know what you're talking about, it is best not to offer any advice.

Last edited:

So many things wrong with your advice I'm not even sure where to begin, or whether to spend the time.

Bottom line is if you don't know what you're talking about, it is best not to offer any advice.

Yeah please don't.

Buying anything from Wicked lasers is donating your money to Chinese sweat labour.

Yorath

Well they did arrive and only took a week instead of 3, but they dont burn. More like 5mw instead of 200, but they are good quality for 5mw laser. What site is the best and cheapest for good quality lasers that can burn?

A local store in my town sells 5mW greens for $70 plus tax, so I feel like I got a real bargain for the alleged 150mW green from Laserpointerpro, for under $25. Even if the output is more like 50mW, or even just 5. Its green dot gets attention regardless. Everyone I've shown it to (those unfamiliar with laser pointers, that is) has been impressed by it.

I think instead of dealing with the hassle of sending the old unit off and waiting for a new one im just going to cut my losses. Use the host to make my own true 200mW green laser. Afterall, I do like how this host has a key for safety. Im pretty sure an O-like module should work perfect for the host.

I had a good experience with them my uncle ordered 2 of the 30mw Kaleidoscopic green lasers for both me and him they both worked they came with 6 attachments one for focusing.

if i removed the focusing one and just used the laser without any add ons i got a green laser dot with a green crecent from what i imagine is a mis alligned diode but the focus fixes that it wont burn anything and it is brighter than my dx true 5mw green i dont think it is 30mw but closer to 20-25 overall it was pretty good! still works six months on! im happy with my buy although i recently ordered a 250mw red o like laser the laser was underpowered to about 50mw the charger didn't work and they have still no reply to my email il just wait so yeah they are good for buying low powered lasers i wouldn't buy the 1w ones tho im sure you can find a better deal on this forums

It sure is a challenge to get a quality, as hoped for, laser pointer. Fears of scams, or poor quality, long waits, or under-spec abound. I was going to order another, more potent, green from Laserpointerpro in a few weeks, but now I might check out some other companies first. Their paid Google ad and nice-looking website entices new people, and their lasers ARE a good deal for newbies.

snalye

So I ordered a laser from laserpointerpro.com on 2/25 and I bought express shipping and it has not come. Also, I have the tracking number but when i try to track it on USPS.com it says it is not valid... What do I do? I tried contacting USPS and I tried contacting laserpointerpro support but they are never on their support chat.

Last edited:
So I ordered a laser from laserpointerpro.com on 2/25 and I bought express shipping and it has not come. Also, I have the tracking number but when i try to track it on USPS.com it says it is not valid... What do I do? I tried contacting USPS and I tried contacting laserpointerpro support but they are never on their support chat.

its only been 3-4 days depending on the time you placed your order on 2/25. their website says to allow for 1-2 days handling time, this puts shipping time at 2/26-2/28. they also look like they are a Chinese company so "express" to them could be 5-7+ days. most Chinese companies say allow 14-20 days for regular US shipping and seeing as how you dont have a location in your profile its impossible for us to estimate shipping. ALSO the Chinese post office is NOTHING like USPS, it can take 48-72 hours for them to just update the tracking status. if you dont get your laser by 3/8 then id say you can start to worry but until then, relax, breathe, update your profile with location, hobbies, etc and read up on laser topics. reading these posts here is such a huge help!!!!

i ordered a laser on 2/20 and it said shipped on 2/25 but tracking info through usps.com (its updated by china even though you are using usps.com) didnt show until 2/28.

keep us informed but at this point its way too early to worry or get worked up about it. its also got to go through customs so that may delay the process as well depending on how the company classified the package contents and your custom's regulations

Cheers :beer:

Hopefully everyone who has ordered from this company have gotten their lasers by now.
I was quite impatient at the time, bu tdidn't yet know it's normal for orders to take a while.

snalye

I just got my laser yesterday. WOW is it a piece of crap! I used it for 5 min. and the button stopped working!! I don't know if it is the button or the battery! What do you think I should do?