Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointerpro?

Ablaze

The only thing you would be able to burn easily with a 150mw laser, pwn, is the back of your retina.

If you really want to burn something look for 500mw+, and make sure you get safety glasses with them since even the reflections can cause damage.

hey guys im really new to laser pointers and m not gonna lie... having a laser that can burn things would be really cool. i have heard that red lasers have higher burning capability so i was considering buying this laser. 150mW 650nm Mid-open Beam Light Red Laser Pointer at Laserpointerpro.com even if it isn't exactly 150 mw, it seems like that would be a good price, eh?

First of all red doesn't have better burning capability than other wavelengths at least not in the colors most often used for hobbyist lasers. Second the chances of the laser you linked being even 75mW is low. Third laserpointerpro is not reputable around here. Your best bet is to go with one of the following companies.

O-like
Dragon Lasers
Laserglow
Lazerer
Optotronic
viasho
Jetlasers

There are some others but those are IMO the most popular and reliable sites for lasers. Like I said the laser you mentioned is very unlikely to be anywhere near on spec.

Last edited:
you should consider bluray laser for better burning capabilities ;) from a 12x Sled for example ;)

LASERPOINTERPRO: I've bought a 150mw green laser pen from them. Here are the pros and the cons found.

PROS:
-lasers are decent quality and will last up to a year. ( depending on amount of use given)
-lasers are VERY cheap
-shipping time is about 4 days through priority shipping
CONS:
-their HQ is from Hong Kong, China, not Brooklyn, New York like they claim
-processing time takes 5-9 days although shipping is much faster
-you can expect about 1/2 (maybe less) the output (mW) claimed by the site
-site freguently uses "up to" and "can" to hide true outputs
-the description is the same for EVERY laser pointer that I've seen.

Laserpointerpro.com can be suspicious at times, but they are an all out decent website. If you want a lasting laser though, it is recommended to buy from other sites.

LASERPOINTERPRO: I've bought a 150mw green laser pen from them. Here are the pros and the cons found.

PROS:
-lasers are decent quality and will last up to a year. ( depending on amount of use given)
-lasers are VERY cheap
-shipping time is about 4 days through priority shipping
CONS:
-their HQ is from Hong Kong, China, not Brooklyn, New York like they claim (true)
-processing time takes 5-9 days although shipping is much faster
-you can expect about 1/2 (maybe less) the output (mW) claimed by the site
-site freguently uses "up to" and "can" to hide true outputs
-the description is the same for EVERY laser pointer that I've seen.

Laserpointerpro.com can be suspicious at times, but they are an all out decent website. If you want a lasting laser though, it is recommended to buy from other sites.

In response to the above: (my response in orange)

PROS:
-lasers are decent quality and will last up to a year. (yea, if you call 75% lower output than spec decent.)
-lasers are VERY cheap (there are cheaper)
-shipping time is about 4 days through priority shipping (my ass, my priority shipping took 3 weeks)
CONS:
-their HQ is from Hong Kong, China, not Brooklyn, New York like they claim
-processing time takes 5-9 days although shipping is much faster (again, yea right)
-you can expect about 1/4 (much less) the output (mW) claimed by the site
-site freguently uses "up to" and "can" to hide true outputs (most sellers do this)
-the description is the same for EVERY laser pointer that I've seen. (yep)

Also, it is VERY difficult to contact them on the matter of "warranty" issues. It requires about 400 emails before they will respond, then another 400 to convince them that you did in fact try new batteries.

I am extremely disappointed in my purchase from them.

Do not buy from laserpointerpro There are better resellers to buy from. Even though they are the same lasers every other reseller sells, their power spec is WAYY over inflated.

I recently got into lasers. I found this site and figured i might as well give it a try for the cheap price. I purchaced the 230mW green laser with free shipping. It ened up coming from China and took about 12 days to arrive. Im not sure if its 230mW, but its pretty strong. Strong enough to burn black plastics, electrical tape, matches, and leather. I even foolishly tried to see how it faired up against one of my tattoos.... It instantly began stinging pretty freaking bad, never again. Never. It feels pretty solid, and came with a lock. Im not sure about these keys though, they seem weak. I made 2 short videos to show what it can do. Bare in mind the battery isnt new, Ive used the laser daily for about a week nowhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzv1Rv6iE_A&feature=g-upl&context=G2e060eeAUAAAAAAAAAAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj4z7EiX8FU&feature=g-upl&context=G2637008AUAAAAAAABAA

Last edited:
I recently got into lasers. I found this site and figured i might as well give it a try for the cheap price. I purchaced the 230mW green laser with free shipping. It ened up coming from China and took about 12 days to arrive. Im not sure if its 230mW, but its pretty strong. Strong enough to burn black plastics, electrical tape, matches, and leather. I even foolishly tried to see how it faired up against one of my tattoos.... It instantly began stinging pretty freaking bad, never again. Never. It feels pretty solid, and came with a lock. Im not sure about these keys though, they seem weak. I made 2 short videos to show what it can do. Bare in mind the battery isnt new, Ive used the laser daily for about a week now230mW green laser burning a wallet. - YouTube230mW green laser - YouTube

The build quality is fine. They sell the same lasers everyone else does. However, they WAYYY over inflate the specs.

i wish i could test the power output. Anyone live in dallas or garland tx? Next laser i buy is going to be a custom built one. But hey, for $32 and free shipping. I think its not a bad deal, but i would like a laser to be true to what they say. Not just maybe peak power.

i wish i could test the power output. Anyone live in dallas or garland tx? Next laser i buy is going to be a custom built one. But hey, for $32 and free shipping. I think its not a bad deal, but i would like a laser to be true to what they say. Not just maybe peak power.

If that laser even peaks at 230mw, then you got lucky. I bet it peaks at between 80-120mw, 130 at most.

Stay away from them they got my money no tracker number 4 days still no email from them i send a email every
day still waiting

i ordered mine on the 30th of last month. Got my tracking number on the 2/2 and my package arrived on 2/8. You should have an email with a reciept from your purchase. Its from a website called www.sitecomplaint.com. I got a merchant number in case something went wrong. You should have that email, contact them for further help.

Yup, looks like they are no more. I would go ahead and file a claim thru the website i mentioned above. You should have gotten an email with everything over that website once you purchased your laser.

It's not that uncommon for chinese websites to disappear for a day or two... at least not for the smaller businesses.

Still, considering you ordered two weeks ago, and haven't heard a peep... start a dispute via paypal. After the dispute is started you'll have another two weeks before it needs to be escalated iirc, so if they are legit that should be about enough time for them to get the laser to you, and if not you'll at least be protected.

Goodluck they got me for 143.96 they have a office in new york city called many times just got a office machine can look them up on yellow pages .com again goodluck Davidware421@yahoo.com forgot they are also Gagettown.com