Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointer building questions (GD300)

They seem to carry all the same stuff the Chinese eBay sites do, only much more expensive. 2.99 lbs sterling for a chrome plated brass module is a lot more than $2.00 each. If you have no problem with the Chinese stuff getting through you might want to just go to the source.

day

Hi day, have you looked at Odic Force, they have most everything you would need, and they are located in the UK, so there may be a better chance of getting through customs.

Laser Hosts and Module Cases - OdicForce

Good luck in your search! :)

That host does indeed look good. Sadly it doesnt use 18650, but i could work around that.

The case doesn't seem to have a name that i could google with, does anyone know of 'real' pictures of that host?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Not sure, but I've seen them around, you may want to look at sites like Fasttech, Banggood, or Gearbest for that style, or something that you may like even better!

Edit: If you like that style host from Odic Force, but want 18650 size, here is one from "Kaidomain", a real similar, good looking host.

Last edited:

day

But thats a flashlight host. Unless theres a simple trick to convert them into an Laserpointer host i don't see how that would help me. :?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That is exactly what many, if not most handheld lasers are made from, if not purchased as a complete unit from a company.
Some members make purpose built hosts for a laser module, but thay are basically the same as a flashlight host!

Look through the builds from members here, and see how they make a heatsink to fit these type of hosts.

Here are a couple that I made from flashlight hosts,
"Solarforce T2" flashlight host, and the "Conehead".

Last edited:

day

Yes, but those are A. not cheap. B. custom made by people from the USA. So sadly not an option.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It looks like you have a couple of options, go with that Odic Force unit, even though it's not 18650, or probably easier, take a look at these 301-303 style lasers from Sanwu laser.
Those are about as reasonably priced as you're going to get.

Last edited:

BobMc

@ day, forgive me for butting in, but if your worried about problems with shipping. As Bowtie mentioned Sanwu has a 301-303 style, that might fit your needs (or whatever style you choose) The thing about Sanwu is, for whatever reason, if it doesn't get delivered Sanwu will resend another unit at no cost. I believe Jetlaser does the same thing.

Send Sanwu a pm/email and ask, once they confirm, it should make you breathe a little easier. Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Agreed, Bob, thanks for adding that guaranteed delivery point, that is another reason why someone like Sanwu would be a good choice in this case, they're reasonably priced, and the company isn't located in the US. :yh:
We'll see; I've exhausted my ideas, maybe someone else has some other thoughts.

BobMc

Your welcome Bowtie, we're just trying to give some honest advice and let the chips fall where they may. ( hopefully with another laser hobbyist ). :D

Last edited: