Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands 532nm 200mw

I knew it wasn't going to be what was advertised. But laserlands claim they test all their lasers to confirm the output. Obviously from the price it's a fake.

When it arrived it wasn't a 200mw. The package was labeled 150mw. They prob don't even have a 200mw one. I was offered a $10 refund to cover the error. My reply was wait till I test it with a LPM before I accept it.

Hahaha. What a shitty piece of crap. I mounted it in a large heat sink just to be sure. Ran it off a charged 18650.

Here is the Graph from my Laserbee USB. Peaked at 49mw then slowly dropped. Started to level off around 24mw before I turned it off.

I have replied and asked if this was a joke. And commented it's worth about $10. Waiting for a reply.

Ebay Link.

Industrial/LAB 3.7V-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer with Driver | eBay

Attachments

• Laserlands.JPG
    Laserlands.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

GSS

That's bad, as even Fasttech's $5 modules can do more.
Last I saw the "so called" 150mw units were around $20..
They seem to want to make amends on the forum but seeing stuff like this isn't cutting it??
Fight for a full refund..unacceptable..

Last edited:
I am waiting for a reply. I will ask for a full refund. Or maybe all but $10.

I expected maybe 100mw. But leveling off around 24mw is a joke. I dont realy care about it as i bought it to see what it was like. Never bought a laser off ebay before. Didnt expect it to be this bad though. I will be getting a NDG7475 from DTR when they are avaiable again.

Reactions: GSS

BobMc

I knew it wasn't going to be what was advertised. But laserlands claim they test all their lasers to confirm the output. Obviously from the price it's a fake.

When it arrived it wasn't a 200mw. The package was labeled 150mw. They prob don't even have a 200mw one. I was offered a $10 refund to cover the error. My reply was wait till I test it with a LPM before I accept it.

Hahaha. What a shitty piece of crap. I mounted it in a large heat sink just to be sure. Ran it off a charged 18650.

Here is the Graph from my Laserbee USB. Peaked at 49mw then slowly dropped. Started to level off around 24mw before I turned it off.

I have replied and asked if this was a joke. And commented it's worth about $10. Waiting for a reply.

Ebay Link.

Industrial/LAB 3.7V-4.2V 532nm Green Laser 200mW Module Diode Lazer with Driver | eBay

Ooooch, that's bad :( Thanks for the post and letting us know, hope you get your refund.

Ps. a big thanks from me because I was looking at one. :thanks:

Rivem

That's terrible output for what they've advertised. The pot may be able to bring it up that high, but who knows if it'll hold up since they should have checked.

Razako

I would try adjusting the pot. It's possible they just have it turned down too low.

That's far too low of an output, even for their hyped up claims. What they did to me was double the real output in their advertisements for 532nm products, always half of what they said it would be. Another trick China sellers do is tell you the total power, including the IR component due to not having IR filters, they ask you to measure with you LPM if you don't believe them, thinking you won't clue in to the IR component of the output. What I think they depend upon is most buyers do not have a LPM, and even fewer have a IR filter to strip out the IR to see how much green power there really is.

GSS

A little late and its seems your set on DTR's 520 but just want to throw out, it seems "aptlightingworld's" 200mw units are legit for the most part at least the older ones.
Mine comes in at 190mw+ and member paul has gotten upwards to 250mw.
A 1W initial pump diode and the driver gets hot enough for sinking..
Total understanding if not wanting to go this route again:(
Do keep us posted though on any news..

That is miserable. I have had better luck with the ones from Aptlightingworld, as GSS stated. If you want to see if you can get more out of it, try heat sinking the output transistor and also heat sink the pump diode by placing the set screw over the diode at the driver end of the brass module. It is POSSIBLE that they use a 1 watt pump diode and the diode current is set too low. I would pursue the refund, but in the end you will still have this module as it is too expensive to return. Might as well try to get as close to 200 mW as possible.

Reactions: GSS
In this case, that just might be set too low, broken, or they mixed up the product label because even for them, that is too low of an output.

Benm

The most worrysome is how unstable the output power is. It seems to lack any form of thermal management and just runs free so pump and crystal wavelengths mismatch randomly, and the efficiency of the doubler is a matter of luck as well.

If you put it in a big heatsink there is litle you can do about this problem either, and their claim that it's power measured before shipping it out is bogus, unless it spews out a huge amount of IR pump light and they count that towards the output power as well (guess not though).

I will have a play with it when I get some time. I can put it on a Lab Supply and monitor the input current. But looking at the way the output drops so quickly after hitting the peak I don't think increasing the current will help.

I have been offered a full refund from laserlands. I will let you know if the refund is honored.

I like buying diodes/modules from DTR. I know I am getting what is advertised. Usualy better than advertised. I received my M462 yesterday. I will assemble it soon. I was looking forward to the 1W 520 but seems he is out of stock of all the high power Greens. I want one of the nubm44's but this output power is insanely dangerous. I do have glasses. But still... WOW..

Just received a Full refund from Laserlands.

At least their customer support is very good.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm sorry you had this ordeal, but I'm glad you got your refund. :beer: