Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow vs. The World?

Encap

$639 for a 150mw 405nm LaserGlow electra is a lot more than people theses days will pay when they can get anywhere from 150mw 405nm to 500mw 405nm for approx. $100 depending on the vendor

^yeah but those are cheap as hell lasers and they are no where near the quality of laserglow products.
Laserglow will win every time it seems.

^yeah but those are cheap as hell lasers and they are no where near the quality of laserglow products.
Laserglow will win every time it seems.

but the quality from laserglow just isn't needed. you can buy an armored car with bullet proof windows but if you're only using it for commuting, what's the point? thoes $100 405nm lasers that are tripple the power and half the price of laserglow lasers have more than enough quality for being a top notch hobby laser for burining, photography, astronomy, etc. at laserglow, you're paying for quality that you probably don't need is the bottom line here.

You guys mean the quality of CNI products? Laserglow just rebrands CNI lasers.

Look at the list of CNI lasers that were sold through Scopeguy's group buy. Those are the real prices you'd pay without Laserglow's markup. Too bad CNI doesn't want to deal with us little fish anymore.

I bought a GLP-473 (AKA the "Aquarius" from Laserglow) from one of Scopeguy's CNI group buys and only paid $310 for it. It does 15mW on average. That would be, what, $500 from Laserglow?

If I wanted a quality 473nm laser now, I'd go with Lasever. Sure, CNI is good, but at least Lasever deal directly with us, and at good prices and quality. I also don't want to pay a 40%+ markup for lasers from a company like Laserglow.

but the quality from laserglow just isn't needed. you can buy an armored car with bullet proof windows but if you're only using it for commuting, what's the point? thoes $100 405nm lasers that are tripple the power and half the price of laserglow lasers have more than enough quality for being a top notch hobby laser for burining, photography, astronomy, etc. at laserglow, you're paying for quality that you probably don't need is the bottom line here.

:confused: Pardon, but :wtf:

Who is to say what is needed, and what isn't needed?

You clearly do not need Laserglow products. That does not mean that others do not.

For that matter you don't really need lasers do you? I mean you can't eat them, you can't use them for a hammer, they make for a lousy paperweight... does that mean you won't be collecting lasers anymore since "you probably don't need is the bottom line"? :crackup:

Encap

Was looking a little further at Laserglows product line in particular their blue Polaris line which they say: "The Polaris is the world's most powerful visible-wavelength blue portable laser. Cutting-edge 447 nm laser diode technology brings power levels previously only possible using bench-top blue lasers that cost tens of thousands of dollars into the palm of your hand at a fraction of the cost.
1000mw $989
1100mw $1189
1200mw $1489

Serious money for a blue diode laser not very powerful by today's standards and at prices that are high even for dpss 532nm greens.

Does anyone know if these are unique in any way that can justify the very high prices?

Last edited:
:confused: Pardon, but :wtf:

Who is to say what is needed, and what isn't needed?

You clearly do not need Laserglow products. That does not mean that others do not.

For that matter you don't really need lasers do you? I mean you can't eat them, you can't use them for a hammer, they make for a lousy paperweight... does that mean you won't be collecting lasers anymore since "you probably don't need is the bottom line"? :crackup:

lol im saying that people who are using lasers the way i do don't require the quality from laserglow in all of the ways it's provided. Clearly there are people who need all that quality or else laserglow would be out of business ;) i wish i could buy some lasers from laserglow but my skinny wallet points me in the other direction, which for the most part works just fine, and i assume that it works just fine for most people because while reading signatures, there is a lot of overlap. And there are not very many laserglow products in that lineup. I see this and make the obvious assumption that like me, most people on the forum don't need it. (wanting is is a different story ;) )