Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserGlow 593.4nm 250$ OBO eBay.

That certainly sounds like a FUBAR laser that is in dire need of repair. It brings a tear to my eye, really...

We sell replacement tailcaps (with new keys and interlocks) for like $20 or something though.

You beat me to posting about this Vega by five minutes. I've been watching this guy's stuff on eBay ever since I found him trying to sell a "direct green" diode laser. He's sold this same Vega multiple times, and it looks to me like he's just another scammer. I'm going to link back to this in the eBay thread, because there's some useful information on this seller here.

Last edited:
I'm trying to work out a deal for the laser with him. Unfortunately my wallet is just about crippled. If I can in fact get him to accept my offer I'll do an in depth tear down. It seems from what he's been telling me that the laser works. If that's the case... I can probably get it working.

I took get the feeling that this could be some sort of scam but I'm willing to take the chance. If it is a scam. You won't see the laser resold on eBay. I'll just eat the $. If it intact works... I'll probably get it back to the way it was running before.

Either way I'll let you guys know.

I'm trying to work out a deal for the laser with him. Unfortunately my wallet is just about crippled. If I can in fact get him to accept my offer I'll do an in depth tear down. It seems from what he's been telling me that the laser works. If that's the case... I can probably get it working.

I took get the feeling that this could be some sort of scam but I'm willing to take the chance. If it is a scam. You won't see the laser resold on eBay. I'll just eat the $. If it intact works... I'll probably get it back to the way it was running before.

Either way I'll let you guys know.

This is similar to the logic often used by new members when they see chinese listings for 500mW green lasers super cheap.

This guy's credibility is already in question... the deal seems to be too good to be true.

So uhm, if you're giving away free money, can I have some too? :p

Seriously though Jeff, I hate to see people get ripped off...

Blord

Maybe we should organize a fund raising for the laser. Like 5 participants buying the laser.
If it doesn't work then the loss will be shared but when it is fixable each member has the right to hold the laser for a few month in a year. And then it can be sold for a higher price . :D

Blord

Congrats. I hope it is just the faulty tailcap that causes the problem.

Congrats. I hope it is just the faulty tailcap that causes the problem.

Dont plague me with bad luck already! I'm just hoping the safety dongle LaserGlow included with the laser was faulty or was broken causing the problem.

vizp

Any ideas regarding how a loose side key interlock can be firmed up on a used laser like this one that I bought some while back on lpf?

Any ideas regarding how a loose side key interlock can be firmed up on a used laser like this one that I bought some while back on lpf?

From my experience with the WL tailcaps. If you can get them apart there should be springs in there. If you stretch them a bit your key should be more snug.