Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow 589nm Rigel HV Pro-50 Review

Does anyone know some good cr123A batteries ?
And were can i buy them.

Or should i say rcr123A.

Cheers.. sm

The cut off voltage for Li-Ion cells is 3.0V, it isn't as simple as simply undercharging them. Doing that will just destroy the cell each time voltage dips below 3V.

RCR123A = 16340, or rather it's the same size and we just call them 16340 here on the forums and on similar forums.

CR123A are primary cells which have a nominal voltage of 3V and are what the laser is designed for. They're not the easiest to find but Lighthound has them.

Streamlight CR123 Battery - CR-123a Compatible

The cut off voltage for Li-Ion cells is 3.0V, it isn't as simple as simply undercharging them. Doing that will just destroy the cell each time voltage dips below 3V.

RCR123A = 16340, or rather it's the same size and we just call them 16340 here on the forums and on similar forums.

CR123A are primary cells which have a nominal voltage of 3V and are what the laser is designed for. They're not the easiest to find but Lighthound has them.

Streamlight CR123 Battery - CR-123a Compatible
<<

I'm doing this on my CR2 CNI 473nm pen for ~1 year Batteries Still working PERFECT. But i agree is not Safe for a 1300$ Laser Pointer

Use Only Unrechargebles Duracell CR123A, if you search on ebay you'll find Good Deals.

Are you sure about this Cell?:thinking:

Last edited:
I used them before in cheap stuff, voltages seemed fine and never had any leaks or anything. There are the duracell ones which are better, of course, but they're double the price. Though you may have a point... for a Rigel HV Pro why cheap out on batteries. Lighthound has the duracells as well.

I used them before in cheap stuff, voltages seemed fine and never had any leaks or anything. There are the duracell ones which are better, of course, but they're double the price. Though you may have a point... for a Rigel HV Pro why cheap out on batteries. Lighthound has the duracells as well.

Cheap Batteries on Cheap Lasers.

For this Piece of "Art" I don't suggest Cheap Batteries.

Seems like it's pritty hard to find just good rechargeable lithium battery's.

I'm using these now....

But just wanted to know if there's better.

250440_BB_02_FB.EPS_250.jpg

Didn't know ''we just call them 16340 here on the forums'' :yabbem:

Cheers sm... Still looking.

We use Duracell CR123A batteries here at Laserglow. Like everyone else, we recommend going with them. Personally, if I owned a $1300 laser, I would only want to use the best batteries in it.

Actual 3v rechargeable CR123s are much harder to find. I only have one ATM and a matching charger. It came from Boblaser with the GB of the waterproof 532s awhile back.

I use it with the 532 in my matched Siak set, since that module is not rated for 3.7V batteries.

DJNY

Smeer, do you have a LPM?

Would be quite interested in the power during a 1min run!

Wanna get a guess how these 589nm´s behave in general as I also had two of these.

Smeer, do you have a LPM?

Would be quite interested in the power during a 1min run!

Wanna get a guess how these 589nm´s behave in general as I also had two of these.

Will only do this once!

Here ya go :)

Cheers sm.