Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb Disassembly tips/help needed

Dear LPF-Members,
my name name is Philipp. I've been on the forum rather silently for 4 years and today I thought I'd this thread since I couldn't find this important information here on the forum nor anywhere else.

Too bad my first post here is because of pure desperation but I would be very happy if someone could help out :yh:

So here's my problem:
I tried to clean the lens of my laserbtb HL520 because of an obviously really dirty lens. As some of you may know the accessibility of the lens in this host is quite bad compared to others. So cut out a 0.5 by 0.5 cm piece of microfibre tissue, then put it in the aparture hole tu reach the lens by smoothly rubbing on it with a match. Now the tissue is stuck and I can't get it out anymore. It completely blocks the beam, so I came to the conlusion I might have to disassemble the laser.

Now some of you may say this was a avery stupid idea which I agree on, but nevertheless I hope someone can give some advice how it can be taken apart without heavy machinery if possible :eek:

I thank you in advance!

Philipp

Perhaps a close up photo of your problem would help us come up with a solution!

Perhaps a close up photo of your problem would help us come up with a solution!

Hey Vetttech,
the little rosé colored thing in the middle is the microfibre tissue that is jammed in there.

Any ideas..?

Philipp

Attachments

• aparture.JPG
    aparture.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 58
Do you have hemostats or forceps? I have many sizes to allow me to get into tight areas and do many things. If you don't, they can be had on eBay, or if you ask your primary care physician, he might have some you could have. These are mostly disposable in the medical field.

A needle should be able to lift it out. Then some canned air to blow out debris. It's important you find a way to disassemble that host.

Were you able to get it? This may sounds kinda stupid, but it actually worked for me. I used a little black coffee stir straw and was able to suck on the straw like a cigarette not a full inhale. And it pulled it right out. That's why you do it like a cigarette not a full inhale just in case it gets sucked through straw.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Were you able to get it? This may sounds kinda stupid, but it actually worked for me. I used a little black coffee stir straw and was able to suck on the straw like a cigarette not a full inhale. And it pulled it right out. That's why you do it like a cigarette not a full inhale just in case it gets sucked through straw.
Nice thinking:)

Radim

Still I'm interested how to disassemble these hosts, my PL clicky switch started to behave like it is loose or something, so I would like to repair it, but I have no clue how to get in. Everything looks solid except on the module part there seems there is a place where it was screwed together (not on fucussing rings). A few instructions or disassebly tutorial would be helpful, if someone is aware about that.

I had the same units, which is dead by now, tried everything to disassemble (heat, clamp, twist, etc), nothing works.
looks like the host is either completely press-fit or it is using a mixture of something i don't know in the threading.

But i don't want to try anything else which may cause a scratch, it is indeed a very good looking host with great safety feature, especially those shutter and keylock

Radim

Damn it, it looks once the button stops working at all I will hope it will be in on position and will use jack safety pin for remote control switch. :( Not convenient.

It does not even seem we could access it from backwards - but maybe the inner tube is screwed in to hold everything together? I'll look on it when I'll be back home. Still I doubt they would use some heat/cool based fixing (like heating/cooling some part to make it larger/smaller and which fixes when it cool down/heats up to room temperature), not even sure about pressure, but might be the case, still why? Maybe there is epoxy inside, here the cooling down could help (helped me when I could not get the frontcap from my Spartan to mount beam expander on it - nothing worked - I tried rubber bands to have more friction, various methods to get stucked threads apart... - and I did not wanted to damage the surface finish or threads, when cooled down - 2 minutes or so outside when freezing - it was fast, almost no force was needed - a bit of epoxy from lens fitting was in threads and blocking it).

Whatever once the sad day will come and no other solution appear I will try to cool it down to potentially dismount the head of the module part or something. There must be way how to get in, how would they did the repairs? :thinking:

Maybe if someone here have an access to X-ray machine, we could see the inner mechanism how to open it, or simply we need one unit to sacrifice, open it by force :(

Radim

So, I've checked the battery compartment, seems to be solid piece. Maybe there might be access through focussing part?

I think we should ask laserbtb, they still shuld have customer support for warranty issues lasting for last sales before they closed their portables business. Even my laser is old more than 3 and half years (no warranty) and I got it from reseller, good advice how to get in would be highly appreciated.

And,if you have any after-service problem, please send email to: laser(at)laserbtb.com.
Source: Their web.

I assume they will be even able to do some repair, however it might be cheaper for me to do it on my own.

Last edited: