Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbee raw output now visible in OSX environment

I am trying to put the menu (bottom menu) close to the bottom.
Problem is that processing doesn't show or allow visual construction on the layout. It's all numbers and x-y co-ordinates. Also that now have seen is that Processing doesn't allow resizing (+) window for some odd reason. Seems like all the windows are locked into a specific applet size.

Trevor

Look in the functions setupCOMSelector() and setupBaudSelector() for the coordinates. They're the arguments passed to the .setPosition() method. :)

Trevor

I see the co-ordinates for the selectors, however, I really need to be able to visualize the construction of the app.

Have you tried Xcode4 yet?

Trevor

I can't... I do not own an Apple computer. This is why I've been working in Processing, since I can compile versions for Mac/Linux... just need to work out some inconsistency issues.

Trevor

Well, let's see how we do with the menu systems first.
Trying my hand at Xcode 4 today. Much more complicated, at first glance. Works similarly to processing but allows for visual editing of the applet layout.

Lots of YouTube on application production in Xcode.

I can't... I do not own an Apple computer. This is why I've been working in Processing, since I can compile versions for Mac/Linux... just need to work out some inconsistency issues.

Trevor

You can VMWare a copy of OSX without too much trouble :)

You can VMWare a copy of OSX without too much trouble :)

Yes, but that would be in contravention of the licensing terms. Anyway, shouldn't the people who actually care about running this on OSX be doing the development for it? They can use their own Macs. All the data acquisition methods for these meters are the same anyway.

Yes, but that would be in contravention of the licensing terms. Anyway, shouldn't the people who actually care about running this on OSX be doing the development for it? They can use their own Macs. All the data acquisition methods for these meters are the same anyway.

Yeah... up to now....;)

I guess one really doesn't know what one needs until that need
arises...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by using VMware...
At any-rate we are determined to make an OSX version of OpenLPM, that detects multiple LPM platforms.
We need as much help as we can get.

Well, I am wondering what has happened to peregrine OSX program. Any new developments?

I think Java just isn't going to cut it.

Trevor

ahhh... ok

I have been busy with applying to Singapore EDU.... trying to get there as quickly as possible
before stuff in ROK goes belly up.

Ah, I see.

Well. Just so you're aware - if we move away from a cross-platform language, I'm rendered fairly irrelevant. I don't have any Mac development tools here.

If we have competent developers that can pick it up, great... I just can't personally do it.

Trevor

Trevor

I've been busy with other projects and this went on the backburner.

Those of you tinkering on the Mac side, do we know of any way to make use of the top menu bar? Or at least some way to make it get along with the program?

Going to pick this back up and get a beta build out if I can.

Trevor

hmm... well like you I got busy and I am now moving out of Seoul, tomorrow.
I am going away for a month. Was teaching for LG again and then problems started again with students not being able to schedule their time. Arrrgh..... WTF. Frustrating beyond belief and half my normal income.

Anyways, the program we were using to program with is not going to work... we have to aim at a more powerful programming tool. The tool bar just doesn't work properly and isn't scalable. That renders a program essentially useless at higher resolutions (no full screens)