Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser_Ben is a rip off! Don't buy from him!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 125mw 532nm laser module and Laser_Ben sent me a "AA" size battery. :wtf:

I have begun the paypal dispute.:scowl:

That's unfortunate. I bought a HeNe from him and after two weeks (after he shipped the laser without tracking info) it still hadn't arrived (we're both in mainland US). After a series of emails during which Ben kept suggesting that I wait a little longer, he finally agreed to send me another unit. Waiting a little longer would be no problem if the delivery was outside the US, but after two weeks a domestic delivery is lost without a doubt. He eventually made it right to me, but what raised my eyebrows is that Ben runs an outfit called Spectrasales. If you are a professional running a business where high-dollar items are routinely shipped, the idea of shipping anything without a tracking number seems foolish. I hope everything works out for you. As I said, Ben did make the situation right, so hopefuly he'll do the same for you.

Did you give him a chance to respond to messages before you opened
the PayPal Dispute...

I usually let a seller reply to at least 1 of 3 messages that I will send where
I ask for Info about an issue before I open a PP Dispute...
Then if within 3 days I have no response to the PP Dispute ... I escalate it
to a PayPal Claim and let PP handle it.
IIRC.. you have 45 days to file a Dispute....:cool:

Jerry

I escalated it to a dispute so he could issue me a refund. There is no way this was an "accident" as he shipped me a dead phillips zinc carbon battery measuring 0.07 volts. Even if this was for another customer he would be geting ripped off too as this battery is WORTHLESS.

Hey SC.... I'm getting dizzy....
You have 2 Threads open with the same subject.....:tsk:

I've already explained my thoughts on your issue here...........

http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40795#9

If you would have recieved $55.00 worth of poison....
it would still be WORTHLESS.... to you but not to the guy that ordered it...:whistle:

BTW... the way PayPal works is this.....
First you need to open a Dispute that allows you to communicate with the customer only...
Then you can escalate to a Claim that allows you to only communicate with PayPal and they
will decide on the Claim....

Jerry

Last edited:
Sounds exactly like what I'm going through with Modwerx, except the seller has publicly announced he has my driver and isn't going to send it cause I was rude after he banned me from his site for asking where it was, lol,. Admitting fraud on his part basically. Seems like when you are new here some business related to some members try and rip you off, like you're new to the whole Paypal and claim experience. I was rude after asking and checking it out and I said maybe some things I shouldn't have but fraud is fraud. Like you won't turn them in.....

Sounds exactly like what I'm going through with Modwerx, except the seller has publicly announced he has my driver and isn't going to send it cause I was rude after he banned me from his site for asking where it was, lol,. Admitting fraud on his part basically. Seems like when you are new here some business related to some members try and rip you off, like you're new to the whole Paypal and claim experience. I was rude after asking and checking it out and I said maybe some things I shouldn't have but fraud is fraud. Like you won't turn them in.....

Modwerx has been very slow for me in the past as well, but he has always eventually pull through on my order. I can understand both sides and opinions on the matter. On the sellers side of things, they might be bussy with other things in life and if that is what the problem is, then I think that they should get out of the business.

(this section has nothing to do with modwerx....although He may be slow at times, I still like doing business with him)

On the buyers side, it's hard to be patient. You paid for something that you can't get your hands on yet because you have to wait for it. I can understand a 2 week wait when buying things from China, but from here in the states, it's a little rediculous.

Right on, I'll make a thread about my situation. It was just eerily similar in more than a few ways.

Life is simple.......

Piss in my face..... and my wrath will come down on you....

Treat me with respect.... and I'll give you the shirt off my back...

Life is simple......

Jerry

i can't imagine this being an accident, but there are 3 sides to every story. he should voice his side. you'll find out that MOST people are not out to F anyone over. this was just started this afternoon a couple of hours ago. lets see what he has to say, don't you think?

How could this NOT be an accident?? Have you ever had to ship out packages to like 30 people on the same day? Things get very confusing.

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

I've had many deals with Ben, all have been perfect.

Think about it... if Ben really wanted to scam someone, why the F would he bother to even send the battery? He would just keep the money... DUH.

I just sent ben like $220, and got exactly what I was supposed to get and it only took two days to get here.

Sportcoupe, you need to calm down. Let ben make right and quit freaking out.

You'll get your module.

i can't imagine this being an accident, but there are 3 sides to every story. he should voice his side. you'll find out that MOST people are not out to F anyone over. this was just started this afternoon a couple of hours ago. lets see what he has to say, don't you think?

He's already responded a few times on SC's 2nd identical thread here.....

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40795#4

That's what happens when you Double Thread.... all the info gets scattered...:spank:

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.