Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Warning Label Generator - It's back!

Trevor

So in 2009 I built an FDA 21 CFR compliant laser warning label generator. Eventually I took down my webspace because I didn't have the money to maintain, taking the generator with it. But, I've been recently given a slice of a server to use, so all the files that used to be on safelasers.org are now live again!

Here's a link to the generator: Label Generator

Features
  • Wavelength and power selection (duh!)
  • Customizable beam color based on a separately input wavelength; use 650nm beam color for FDA 21 CFR compliance.
  • Pulsed or CW lasers
  • Many different types of systems
  • Selectable sign
  • Class can be selected or automatically calculated

TW3WZVg.gif

9UkAlEJ.gif

HJyX9td.gif

The new server is slightly slower than the old one, so rather than link from the server, I'd recommend uploading to imgur by copying the URL of the label and pasting it into their uploader - that is, if you plan to link labels from a thread or something. For downloading and printing labels, this speed difference is functionally irrelevant. :)

Some aspects of the site may change over the next few days, but the URL will still be the same. I'll just be updating it to house the OpenLPM project. :D

Let's get some labels on those lasers. Enjoy!

Trevor

Last edited:

Thats really cool! Just had a go, now I just need some of that reflective foil to print on...:)

It still wont let me rep you, so Im going to go and rep a few worthy people until I can! ;) +1 and :beer:

Glad to see this come back. Thanks a bunch bro. BTW, I found that using dropbox is my favorite method for sharing images and files because there is no bandwidth cap and the download speeds are quick.

IsaacT

That is awesome! For those who may want high quality signs, I talked to NickD070 awhile back about them and he told me could do it. He has since added them as full scale options to his website, so if a high quality metal sign is something you need it may be your best bet. HERE is a link.

I am glad to see that there is a open generator that people can use though :) Should make it relatively simple to print out your own Laser Safety Stickers.

+1 :beer:

Edit: My computer ballsed up and reped you with an "O" (?) before I could comment... :tinfoil:Just wanted to say thanks for all your great contributions to the forum!

Last edited:

Trevor

Thanks for all the kind words. Glad you guys find it useful. :D

Let me know if there's something you would like to see added!

Trevor

Thanks for that, Trevor... I missed that site.

Well If you could add some kind of text box where we could change the other parts of the label (like the "danger" word and the "Laser Radiation..." phrase), because I'm from BR and maybe would like some sinalization in portuguese.
Or maybe a preset button for some languages, dunno. I would translate PT for you :D

I love it. I want to get official an have this on my lasers but why does the beam part of the label have to be red to comply with FDA? Would they really care about one little color?

Trevor

I love it. I want to get official an have this on my lasers but why does the beam part of the label have to be red to comply with FDA? Would they really care about one little color?

I seem to remember reading that a few years back when I was making this.

...but I'm looking at FDA 21 CFR 1040 right now and can't find reference to that requirement. :thinking:

I'll try and find that source material again.

Trevor

Yeah. I'm sure it can be done but I know for a fact you need a working key lock and some other stuff on the laser.

I plan to make nice laminated logos for my Argon and HeNe with this generator :D