Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Video Project

Kipkay

As you probably know, I produce the Weekend Project videos for MAKE Magazine. I'm always looking for unique and different laser projects that people can build. If you have a really cool idea for a video, let me know and I can suggest it and you can get credit in the video (and maybe a bit of cash).

Thanks

Kip

Switch

lol, how about a spirograph? :p There are some really cool designs around.Or maybe a vibrating mirror scanner, or even an audio controlled vibrating mirror scanner.Shouldn't be too hard. ::)

Anyway...I see this thread being flooded with suggestions and/or getting really nasty. :D

Switch said:
or even an audio controlled vibrating mirror scanner.Shouldn't be too hard. ::)

I like this one.  You'd just need an old speaker, a broken CD, some epoxy, and the audio input.  If you defined the waveforms in advance and had two speakers in sync with each other, it would be an incredibly cheap, easily definable scanner.

The hardest thing would be creating the waveforms for the scanning from vector shapes, and possibly adding in something that controls the laser pulse.

Switch

phoenix3200 said:
[quote author=Switch link=1228314098/0#1 date=1228320977]or even an audio controlled vibrating mirror scanner.Shouldn't be too hard. ::)

I like this one.  You'd just need an old speaker, a broken CD, some epoxy, and the audio input.  If you defined the waveforms in advance and had two speakers in sync with each other, it would be an incredibly cheap, easily definable scanner.

The hardest thing would be creating the waveforms for the scanning from vector shapes, and possibly adding in something that controls the laser pulse.[/quote]
Actually I was thinking about 2 motors with unbalanced weigths so they vibrate when they spin, and mirros attatched to them.I think rog made something like this and it made super awesome patterns.Now if you could make those patterns change according to the stereo output(control motor speed of each motor using the stereo signal) , add a bluray and project the thing on a one of the cheap, but bright GITD vinyl stickers you have yourself a pretty nice laser show.Or you could add a greenie for a beam show. :p Who knows what patterns you'd get with 3 motors. :D I dunno, might be too complicated for a kipkay video, but you can simplify it I guess. :-/

Spyderz20x6 said:
It's you :eek:
The creator of the evil maglite mod :mad:

He used a driver on the last one...

AND he's come to LPF for advice, too! No need to attack Kipkay! If you want someone to attack, go with any laser company that starts with a W. They are liars, scammers, and they know it too. Kipkay was just teaching people how to build a laser, even if it's not the best way.

-Mark