Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Shotgun -Our very own Styropyro posted video that made it to Reddits front page

The media are a bunch of unethical subject matter hacks, if you are interviewed with them be careful, I had PBS interview me on a subject as part of a documentary and they completely took the opposite stance on the issues that I wanted, they will lie to you and manipulate what you say by slicing and dicing pieces of the interview to be what they want it to be.

I can imagine at least one of them twisting this in a really bad way:

Those of you who have seen a certain movie will know what I am talking about. In fact it was a mistake to include that moth in the laser video.

Alan

I can imagine at least one of them twisting this in a really bad way:

Those of you who have seen a certain movie will know what I am talking about. In fact it was a mistake to include that moth in the laser video.

Alan

:crackup:

Took me some time to realize what you were talking about.
That would be alot of twisting, though. :D

Ha ha thanks for the comments everyone!! There are some hilarious articles out there. I haven't even begun responding to the media inquiries yet but I know a lot of TV shows want to do a segment on it. Honestly I am a bit reluctant...I literally watch no TV and am very disconnected with pop media so I don't want to be on a show that paints us in a bad light. I will put a lot of stipulations if I end up taking these TV deals!

3.5M views...wow...

4.1M now lol XD

By the way, the close range lens seems to decrease the output of the laser by a lot. Are you planning on getting a better one soon? It looks like it reflects a lot of light too. (what material is it made from exactly?)

One more thing. Is that a military shirt? A friend of mine said that you were wearing the national guard shirt (of Cyprus anyway, dunno about other countries) XD

I don't think it was a mistake to put the moth in the video...I love raising my moths and it gives me a sort of silly signature for my vids. Simply watching my moth video will show that I'm not some sicko...silk moths are gentle creatures and I raise them as such. Sure I come off as a bit crazy...but most people who dedicate their life to the sciences are. :D

As for the shirt, it's just a green shirt ha ha I am not in the military!

And the lens I used isn't great but I haven't used it since the video. I just like the bright beams!

Gabe

Haha my dad shared this with me after I had seen it already, was proud to mention that I (kinda sorta) know Styro! :D

I don't think it was a mistake to put the moth in the video...I love raising my moths and it gives me a sort of silly signature for my vids. Simply watching my moth video will show that I'm not some sicko...silk moths are gentle creatures and I raise them as such. Sure I come off as a bit crazy...but most people who dedicate their life to the sciences are. :D

And the lens I used isn't great but I haven't used it since the video. I just like the bright beams!

I like moths too, it's been a few years since I've seen one that big though, I hope to see one again someday. My point is that what Alaskan said about the media is true. You don't want to give them the opportunity to easily make you look like an evil genius who is potentially dangerous. We all know your a good guy, but you can't easily trust the media. Your shirt was ok but it's a good thing you weren't wearing camo, that would have been one more opportunity for them to spin it the wrong way.

Alan

I like moths too, it's been a few years since I've seen one that big though, I hope to see one again someday. My point is that what Alaskan said about the media is true. You don't want to give them the opportunity to easily make you look like an evil genius who is potentially dangerous. We all know your a good guy, but you can't easily trust the media. Your shirt was ok but it's a good thing you weren't wearing camo, that would have been one more opportunity for them to spin it the wrong way.

Alan

Agree about the media...They're just a bunch of self-interested, amoral opportunists who don't think twice about ruining reputations and demonising people if it lines their own back pockets (even innocent well-meaning individuals)...He needs a Mentor/Advisor to avoid the pitfalls of media manipulation now he's hit the big time. ;)

I am glad you posted that video about your moths- those things are freaking cool! Too bad they don't live very long, they really are cool little creatures.