Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointer Forum

There's a difference though, I gave you the three most widely recognized and reputable dictionaries on earth, and you linked to a website written by any teenage idiot who visits it.
Until urbandictionary prints reference material used by universities it's not a legitimate reference.

Sorry to disappoint you, but "guesstimate" is in fact a real word.

There's a difference though, I gave you the three most widely recognized and reputable dictionaries on earth, and you linked to a website written by any teenage idiot who visits it.
Until urbandictionary prints reference material used by universities it's not a legitimate reference.

Sorry to disappoint you, but "guesstimate" is in fact a real word.

Nice try but no. And this will be the last time I talk to you about this. I don't want to hear anymore words from you, made up or not.

Edit: I knew this would become an argument. I wanted to end it here and now. But it didn't stop as I expected. It doesn't matter how many posts you've made. Everyone is the same. Except me. I'm the outcast.

Last edited:
Nice try but no. And this will be the last time I talk to you about this. I don't want to hear anymore words from you, made up or not. :yabbmad:

Wow, that hostile towards an established member already? Not a good way to make a start here.... :thinking:

I am a Maintenance Supervisor thats my favorate word
Hey John How long till its running again

I'll say heck 1-2 hours is my best guesstimate

Wow, that hostile towards an established member already? Not a good way to make a start here.... :thinking:

"hostile"?? Not at all. Annoyed? Yes. I believe in proper English and not made up words such as, Ain't, Guessturbate, gunna, Shizzle, unfried, misunderestimate and millions of others. But I won't loose any sleep over it.

ZRTMWA

I ain't gunna misunderestimate the unfried shizzle that KFC sells.

Guessturbate, Did you make that up? I've never heard of that one. May you please use it in a sentence, state the country of origin and provide the proper spelling?

Welcome to LPF!

S

schmag

haha I use guestimate all the time as a word.
welcome to the forums.
and yes. before long you will be on here every waking moment and dream of lasers.

That's a bit of an inside joke... The word "interfended" is one that c0ldshadow, our forum administrator, made up. It's used to describe people getting needlessly offended by things on the internet. I thought it was appropriate to describe this situation.

English is a living language my friend, no need to get so worked up about it. New words are coined every day, and make their way into regular use. The word laser for instance, didn't exist 50 years ago, and when it was first introduced it was regarded as incorrect terminology, the appropriate term was considered "optical maser". Just because a word is a portmanteau doesn't mean it's not a word. Fireworks, backpack, waterfowl, spaceship, even portmanteau itself is a portmanteau, and as a matter of fact it's a relatively new word, a nonsense word made up by Lewis Carrol to describe the nonsense words in Jabberwocky.

Anyways, the only reason I continue to try and bug you is that I've absolutely never seen anyone so offended over a simple word, ethnic slurs aside. If you continue to flip out over such little things you're not going to get very far on this forum, or life in general. Learn to take things in stride, work on your attitude, start taking things with a grain of salt.

Welcome to the forums.

Whatever you have said in the message above has not been read. My discussions with you have been concluded.

Last edited:

Jaseth

Crazy Jay.. bad start on the forum getting so worked up about nothing and being hostile towards a veteran. Read pseudolobster's last post and get over yourself.
Welcome anyway, chill out and perhaps you will fit in.

Seb

Crazy Jay.. bad start on the forum getting so worked up about nothing and being hostile towards a veteran. Read pseudolobster's last post and get over yourself.
Welcome anyway, chill out and perhaps you will fit in.

Seb

I appreciate the concern, however I don't hold the same values as you do toward "a veteran" of a forum. I don't have a problem so why don't you keep it to yourself. Try to "get over yourself" first.

I do hope you don't act like this in the rest of the forum. Welcome regardless.