Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser opinions

GSS

World coolest lasers is a member here but I haven't seen him post in a long time.
He just seems to be buying ebay packages and very very over prices them.
Example his on his product sight he's listing a green 532 burning laser for $40 which is a 301 ebay special that goes for under $10 with a cheap charger and all. $2 glasses for $18
Free shocking laser is about $2. Ultra fire batteries are $1 a pop he wants $10. I hope you get the point.
If your happy then its up to you but you need to know if your laser has a glass lens instead of an acrylic or you will have issues.

Last edited:

diachi

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply. -eric

Unfortunately a lot of companies do that - worth checking here first if it's not one of the more reputable companies and you're unsure. :eek: That doesn't mean lasers that are the same power/wavelength from another manufacturer but 3x the price aren't worth it - usually you're paying for quality and warranty if anything goes does go wrong.

Those 1W 445s show up on eBay for $60 US + shipping. May be a lower quality laser than yours, with an acrylic lens instead of glass, but you get the idea.

Mine is labeled 3 watt. I really just wanted a quality laser. I did see his business pop up on here with positive reviews and now I can't find it. Must've been an old post. I did send an email to the seller, I will be returning it and using the money for something on these forums hopefully.

Last edited:

diachi

Mine is labeled 3 watt. I really just wanted a quality laser. I did see his business pop up on here with positive reviews and now I can't find it. Must've been an old post.

Where did I get 1W from...? Could have sworn I saw 1W on the page you linked... Perhaps you did get a 3W then - looking again I don't see a power listed on that page - in which case you got a better deal! :D

As long as it's decent and will last a while I'm fine with it. I haven't really had a chance to use it as I don't trust the glasses that came with it after researching on this forum. I don't want to damage my eyes and really don't want my son injured. The laser actually just arrived yesterday afternoon.

GSS

Where did I get 1W from...? Could have sworn I saw 1W on the page you linked... Perhaps you did get a 3W then - looking again I don't see a power listed on that page - in which case you got a better deal! :D
Not giving a power rating on his sight. Thats a bit odd? Just that it burns things!

Last edited:

Sta

I know, I emailed him for the specs. Not sure why it's not listed. 3000 mw/ 3watts

That "Thor" host is almost always a 1W diode. I've never seen one with a 9mm diode in it. So you most likely got a 1W laser, not a 3W. :(

diachi

Not giving a power rating on his sight. Thats a bit odd? Just that it burns things!

I know, I emailed him for the specs. Not sure why it's not listed. 3000 mw/ 3watts

I agree but his target customers probably don't care that it isn't listed - if they even know what it is in the first place. Most people are probably just looking for the usual "Burns matches, lights cigarettes, worlds brightest laser" type stuff.

As long as you're happy with the purchase, that's what matters! :)

Should buy a couple of the Eagle Pair glasses from Survival Lasers - one pair for you and one pair for your son. Good to see you're taking safety seriously. Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Any sugestions on what to buy, anything on the for sale posts look interesting? This is one of those too many options situations that I cannot really make a solid decision without experienced help.

Last edited:
Seller says I can't return it. He has a policy of not taking returns on used lasers. I didn't use it but, oh well. Sounds like he needs the $200 worse than I do if he has to treat customers this way.

Sta

Seller says I can't return it. He has a policy of not taking returns on used lasers. I didn't use it but, oh well. Sounds like he needs the $200 worse than I do if he has to treat customers this way.

That's unfortunate. You should tell him that you did not use it! Then he may accept it.

Last edited: