Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser diode pictures - HIGH magnification

Blord

This kind of photo's can be made with an ordinary camera/DSLR. You need a special mounting system for the camera and post-processed all the photo's with different focus point into a single picture.

How is depth up compensation achieved? Can it be done to a standard DSLR camera?

My shots below...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14298539/Camera Pics/IMG_1014.JPG

Best I can do with my camera... but notice lack of depth of field...

As others have said, stop the aperture down. Make sure you are in good light and keep everything stable. You may need a longer than usual exposure.

Be careful not to stop the aperture down too much because diffraction starts to reduce image sharpness after a point.
The great thing about laser diodes is that they are so small that even if the DOF is very shallow, the emitter is also very tiny so it should be able to fit nicely in the focal plane with the right settings.

wbayw

I agree that the lasing would be good but i am afraid that it wont be so good to this microscope, and it is not a cheap one :).
I should try with few mA's but unfortunately i dont have the equipment for it.

I agree that the lasing would be good but i am afraid that it wont be so good to this microscope, and it is not a cheap one :).
I should try with few mA's but unfortunately i dont have the equipment for it.

Sometimes I will check the polarity of diodes with my DMM on diode check mode. With low power diodes it will give enough juice to get the die to emit light but not lase. I'm not sure if it would work well with a higher power diode that has a higher threshold current but I don't see why not...

Last edited:
It's wonderful to have detailed photos of the emitter mirror.

You could probably see mirror damage from high power with your set-up.

Thanks;

LarryDFW