Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Builds! Pics Included - Nubm07 and Nubm44 x2

Just got done with my third build and decided to post all three of them.

The first is an Nubm07 w/G8 lens running on a blackbuck 8m set to 4a with the potentiometer installed also including the sanwu 3x expander. The heatsink was machined entirely by me along with the titanium potentiometer knob, titanium collar and titanium power button, but the handle is a recycled knockoff spiker. Pictures 1-4

The second is an Nubm44 w/G8 lens set to 4.5a with a full copper heatsink also including a sanwu 3x expander. Heatsink was machined by me but again the handle is a recycled knockoff spiker. Pictures 5 and 6

The third is is an Nubm44 w/G2 lens set to 4.5a including a jetlasers 10x expander. Handle was also a recycled unit that was modidifed to accept the upgraded components. Pictures 7 and 8

Shout out to @DTR @Podo and @hakzaw1 for the diodes drivers and expanders.

IMG_2555.jpgIMG_2556.jpgIMG_2557.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2559.jpgIMG_2560.jpgIMG_2561.jpgIMG_2562.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Hi,
Nice builds kudos buddy thanks for sharing these fine photos.
Rich:)

Very nice assortment and the 44 w/G8 and 3XBE is a nice combo to burn at medium distance, it's nice to see you made a module to better use the G8 and put it into use, great innovation. ;)

Thanks guys! Yeah, amongst my group of friends and wife they don't appreciate the hobby as much as I do so its nice to hear from people that do!

Sorry, Late to the party...Hmmmm...With those impressive and large builds...You are now in the " Nut Cracker " Club !!!

Very nice builds !!! I am especially impressed with the 90 degree Clear Acrylic canopy inlay on the first build...As you all know my need to show off the internals !! The use of Titanium is unusual and really good looking. Question...How difficult to machine is Titanium vs....say....Aluminum ??

Meanwhile....Thanx for sharing your passion. It is the sharing that inspires us all to greater height's !

Think about...World population @ 7.7 Billion. LPF core of passionate builders @ (SWAG) 50.....so.....50 / 7,700,000,000 =
0.0000000065 …..Wow....fairly small slice....Without the WWW....we would have never been able to share as we do....and without LPF.....again....we would have not been able to share. My thanx to both !!

CDB

Attachments

• NC Base with beam.png
    NC Base with beam.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sorry, Late to the party...Hmmmm...With those impressive and large builds...You are now in the " Nut Cracker " Club !!!

Very nice builds !!! I am especially impressed with the 90 degree Clear Acrylic canopy inlay on the first build...As you all know my need to show off the internals !! The use of Titanium is unusual and really good looking. Question...How difficult to machine is Titanium vs....say....Aluminum ??

Meanwhile....Thanx for sharing your passion. It is the sharing that inspires us all to greater height's !

Think about...World population @ 7.7 Billion. LPF core of passionate builders @ (SWAG) 50.....so.....50 / 7,700,000,000 =
0.0000000065 …..Wow....fairly small slice....Without the WWW....we would have never been able to share as we do....and without LPF.....again....we would have not been able to share. My thanx to both !!

CDB

Thanks CDBEAM777, titanium isn't much more difficult to machine than aluminum, though it does have very poor thermal conductivity properties so keeping your cutting tools cool while machining is critical.